• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Share dealing account for ltd

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Share dealing account for ltd

hi,

Can someone recommended a bank that offers a sharedealing account for my ltd company?
    I haven't done a lot of research on this but the banks I asked offer share dealing accounts only for private persons.

Thanks
    W

Originally posted by zafoeta View Post
    hi,

Can someone recommended a bank that offers a sharedealing account for my ltd company?
    I haven't done a lot of research on this but the banks I asked offer share dealing accounts only for private persons.

Thanks
    W
    Then you're Ltd becomes an investment company and there are tax implications, plus dealing is for morons.

Comment

There are very few that do and, yes, you probably don't want YourCo to be identified as a Close Investment Holding Company (CIHC), as it has various implications, including for capital distributions in the event of liquidation. Beyond that, it's generally much more efficient to invest personally due to the low CGT rates and high annual allowance. There may be exceptions if you're dealing in particular classes of share for which gov't exemptions/incentives apply, but private investments generally make more sense. If you want to do this through a Ltd structure, you'd be best opening a CIHC.

Also, try the search function, as this has been covered many times before.

Comment

Time to do a bit more research hey.

You could try the search function as described in the FAQ to see what threads have been posted on this before. I'm sure it's been discussed plenty of times.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

AJ Bell https://www.youinvest.co.uk/ - but check the implications with your accountant first

Comment

TD Waterhouse.

This will enable you to invest post tax profits, assuming your business is a supplier of sorts and not an investment company.

Do not lose the tax due on your normal activity as you are required to pay it regardless.

Comment

Some of these threads are a little old but something in them might help?

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=sa...ntractoruk.com
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
              X