• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cities from Europe eyeing spoils from brexit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cities from Europe eyeing spoils from brexit

From Paris With Love: France Woos Post-Brexit U.K. Executives - Bloomberg

Ah yes, the "Business advantages" of Paris....................assuming you can get there if required in one of the few windows of opportunity where the French Air Traffic Controllers are not out on strike, or the farmers have not blockaded the ports! No thanks!!
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
      Ah yes, the "Business advantages" of Paris....................assuming you can get there if required in one of the few windows of opportunity where the French Air Traffic Controllers are not out on strike, or the farmers have not blockaded the ports! No thanks!!
      And what britain offers now? Sorry but i think from the point of foreigner it is:
      - massive political uncertainty
      - economy that is due to go into recession
      - hate crimes on the rise
      - overcrowded, overexpensive london
      - possible lack of access to the single market / passporting rights
      - god knows what doom(tm) is coming
      Last edited by diseasex; 6 July 2016, 09:00.

Comment

France that hotbed of entrepreneurial activity
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
          France that hotbed of entrepreneurial activity
          true, 33% CT :S

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
            true, 33% CT :S
            Try

+lack of skills
            +lower speed of Internet connectivity
            + lack of English

Etc
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
              And what britain offers now? Sorry but i think from the point of foreigner it is:
              - massive political uncertainty
              - economy that is due to go into recession
              - hate crimes on the rise
              - overcrowded, overexpensive london
              - possible lack of access to the single market / passporting rights
              - god knows what doom(tm) is coming
              You are right. If it is political certainty you are after, best you head to France right away then.
              “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

You are right. If it is political certainty you are after, best you head to France right away then.
                Looking at his list, I guess we are really lucky he has decided to "slum" it here
                The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Paris was never a threat, I suspect Frankfurt would be the front runner.
                  It's got the office space for a start, business is conducted in English, and I noticed that if you get plonked down in the business district, it's virtually indistinguishable from the square mile, complete with English and Irish bars .

Comment

Originally posted by CretinWatcher View Post
                    Paris was never a threat, I suspect Frankfurt would be the front runner.
                    It's got the office space for a start, business is conducted in English, and I noticed that if you get plonked down in the business district, it's virtually indistinguishable from the square mile, complete with English and Irish bars .
                    Now tell me - what are the rates there?

Looking at his list, I guess we are really lucky he has decided to "slum" it here
                    Are you even able to have normal conversation? Because instead of bashing my arguments you immediately proceed to bash me

Comment

Working...
                    X