• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone ever used AO.COM? Crapola

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone ever used AO.COM? Crapola

Heard good things about them. Had bad experience yesterday.

I'm staying away this week, fridge freezer packed up. No worries next day delivery AO.COM and you can pay for removal of old one, installation the full monty. Job done I dont need to be there - mrs can cope (shes got health issues so can't lug anything around).

Lazy arse delivery driver turns up, cant be bothered, makes a mess, leaves it in middle of kitchen (its a big heavy american style one). Their answer - we'll refund the extras you paid.

Got a real thing about this. If I pay for a service then deciding not to bother and just refunding me is not the answer!

So tonight I've got to trek home to sort the damn fridge out cos mrs can shift it!
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

No company moves American fridge freezers due to their size and weight.

When I had my washing machine replaced by AOL the guy explained that they tend to leave American fridge freezers on the doorstep as they are too heavy to carry between the twoof them. If there are no steps at all they may if it is the beginning of the day put them inside.

When I had a load of appliances delivered by them the builders helped them.

In future if you are buying a American fridge freezer or have more than 2 steps phone up customer service and check they can deliver to you.
    Last edited by SueEllen; 6 July 2016, 08:47.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

When I had my washing machine replaced by AOL the guy explained that they tend to leave them on the doorstep as they are too heavy to carry between the 2 of them. If there are no steps at all they may if it is the beginning of the day put them inside.
      ao.com do. I will agree a lot of the others dont. I checked first. This was why I chose AO.com because I wasn't going to be there and I wanted it all sorted hassle free.

But thats my point - they offer a service and if you pay for it I expect them to do their best. Not bail and say tell you what you can have your £30 back. I dont want my £30 I want it installed like I paid for.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

When I had my washing machine replaced by AOL the guy explained that they tend to leave them on the doorstep as they are too heavy to carry between the twoof them. If there are no steps at all they may if it is the beginning of the day put them inside.

When I had a load of appliances delivered by them the builders helped them.

In future if you are buying a American fridge freezer or have more than 2 steps phone up customer service and check they can deliver to you.

That's what you get when you buy appliances from an Internet Service Provider. Did they give you a free CD too?

Comment

You don't have mates that will pop round & help move it to save you the trip?

Blimey.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            You don't have mates that will pop round & help move it to save you the trip?

Blimey.
            To be honest, was 50/50 whether I was going to pop home tonight anyway. Football on innit so aint working tonight!

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
              I'm glad the AO delivery pair did the job with the ZeitWashingMachine since, at 100kg, it was far too heavy for me to do much with.

And their delivery truck was full of discarded & unloved septic freezers.
              Exactly. No-one wants a massive heavy appliance dumped on the doorstep.

I remember years ago - and this was probably my fault for not checking but dear wife was not impressed - ordering an old CRT type TV. MAssive one - weighed about 10 stone.

Delivery turned up mrs was there. Pregnant at the time. Guy refused to take it off the lorry on his own and said someone had to help him. Fortunately, mrs said no.

My experience is some delivery people are good and do their best to help. Some like this guy yesterday are just focused on getting it off the truck so they can go home. Perhaps the problem lies with the retailer fitting in too many deliveries - with AO you can track you're delivery and it tells you where in the queue you are. I could see the truck 20 miles with 15 more deliveries - a lot in day surely?

Comment

I had a large radiator go AWOL on Friday, it was delivered Monday, with apologies from Parcelforce, by a Woman and according to my Mrs she wouldn't let her help.

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
                  I had a large radiator go AWOL on Friday, it was delivered Monday, with apologies from Parcelforce, by a Woman and according to my Mrs she wouldn't let her help.
                  Fair play to parcelforce then. I think thats the problem in this country - a lot of people have jobs where they do the bare minimum.

I think delivery drivers are particularly bad. Couple of times when I was on the bench, I'd be sitting in the living room, here something rattling the letterbox then go out to see a delivery driver pegging it back to the truck and zooming off. Guess it makes deliveries quicker...

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                    I'm glad the AO delivery pair did the job with the ZeitWashingMachine since, at 100kg, it was far too heavy for me to do much with.

And their delivery truck was full of discarded & unloved septic freezers.
                    If you removed the dead esteemed customer first it would have been far lighter.....

Comment

Working...
                    X