• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Food prices plummet

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Food prices plummet

Link here

Well, as the Bremainers insist that everything that has happened in the first half of the year was down to the vote that hadn't happened, I'll do the same.

Brexit causes food prices to plummet. Great news all round.

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
    Link here

Well, as the Bremainers insist that everything that has happened in the first half of the year was down to the vote that hadn't happened, I'll do the same.

Not if you're a farmer.
    England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

Link here

And a cut in interest rates coming soon too. More money in the pockets of beleaguered mortgage payers too!
      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Link here

GB9 which part of "if prices fall rapidly it's bad, if prices fall steadily it gives stability" you don't understand?

Comment

And potentially a cut in Corp Tax to 15%. Meltdown, what meltdown?

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
            GB9 which part of "if prices fall rapidly it's bad, if prices fall steadily it gives stability" you don't understand?
            Is that the best you can manage?

Comment

Is that the best you can manage?
              is that your reply to that question?

Comment

Link here...Brexit causes food prices to plummet. Great news all round.

"The shop price index reflects the period ahead of the referendum vote from 6 to 10 June."
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

A moment's reflection would show that since the UK imports much of its food from Europe, Brexit on less than good terms will certianly raise the cost of food in the long run.

Comment

Originally posted by CretinWatcher View Post
                    A moment's reflection would show that since the UK imports much of its food from Europe, Brexit on less than good terms will certianly raise the cost of food in the long run.
                    Unless our farmers stop sitting on their arses receiving subsidies via CAP and actually get out there planting crops which they can then sell.
                    For things to progress we will need to start thinking differently, so you are either a part of the solution or a part of the problem.
                    Too many people waiting to be told what to do all the time. Backward and docile, and symptomatic of an EU top-down subservient mentality.
                    Not for me thanks.

I'm OUT!
                    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                    X