• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Shares slide as Brexit fears take hold

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The £ is now in 1985, no wait 84... 83.. and travelling back in time. Perhaps one of the Brexiters would be kind enough to tell us what their target year is?

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    The £ is now in 1985, no wait 84... 83.. and travelling back in time. Perhaps one of the Brexiters would be kind enough to tell us what their target year is?

Pound slide is good for exporters. Banks slide is good for customers because they can buy cheaper shares. We will all trive outside of EU and won't be bound by unelectable idiots and their regulations.
    HTH

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post

my ISA's and Pension are all up so whatever the economy is doing it can carry on

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
        Pound slide is good for exporters. Banks slide is good for customers because they can buy cheaper shares. We will all trive outside of EU and won't be bound by unelectable idiots and their regulations.
        HTH
        Lehman Brothers shares are a really good deal now

Comment

Originally posted by Support Monkey View Post
          my ISA's and Pension are all up so whatever the economy is doing it can carry on
          All is peachy especially for your ISA and pensions, only Bremainers assets will drop in price

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            Lehman Brothers shares are a really good deal now
            I have faith I'm right

Comment

" Brexit uncertainty has put floats and takeovers on hold, KPMG says

Accountancy firm also warns British companies could become prey for foreign predators in wake of referendum result"

"In the immediate aftermath of the referendum, held on 23 June, a survey by the Institute of Directors found that the majority of businesses believed Brexit was bad for them and would trigger investment cuts, hiring freezes and redundancies. "

https://www.theguardian.com/business...vers-hold-kpmg

That would make Britain Great again

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
                HTH
                Flip me, it's a miracle - God be praised, diseasex has finally sussed it!
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

diseasex is redeemed

It's going to be a struggle for Cable to fall "below 1985", what with the bottom being something like 1.05, and representing the all time low.

In the mean time, me and my colleague, AtW, are bananad.

Which is nice, because it's going to take a lot of bananas to cover my losses elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                    Flip me, it's a miracle - God be praised, diseasex has finally sussed it!
                    Nah, it's either had a bang on the head, or its sarcasm override mode has tripped. Don't expect it to last, either way.
                    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                    X