• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cheering on the Scot in the tennis and the Welsh in the football

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheering on the Scot in the tennis and the Welsh in the football

Sad times for an Englishman.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    maybe but the English will without doubt get behind the welsh just as they did when they gave Scotland the most vocal support the scots have ever had when scotland played Australia in the rugby world cup
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

But it's all the EUs fault, innit?

Comment

I think we'll get over it. Cheering on a Scot (who lives in Surrey) we can certainly live with. Unlike you, we don't have a massive chip on our shoulder. Supporting the Welsh, even after their "celebration" when we lost to Iceland, which I fully understand, still doesn't feel like a betrayal. It's just banter.
        We've always had a soft spot for the underdog, except we haven't come to terms with the fact that we are actually an underdog team - until we grasp that, we are basically f****d. England were a national embarrassment, I make no bones about it, and Wales performed way above even their own expectations.
        The Welsh players will return as heroes and deservedly so, and had the Jocks been in the same position, they would have had similar support from the majority of the English.
        The question you need to ask yourself is how pathetic and insignificant is your opinion, when the biggest kick you will ever get is celebrating an Englishman (or an English team) failing?
        Because you will never get to experience a Scotland team winning anything of note.
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

FTFY
          I'm back, tedious times for an Englishman.
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

It's a joke! Tell your face.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

It's a joke!
              But devoid of the redeeming element of humour. Even I didn't find it funny, and I am a Scot.
              Maybe stick to something you are good at........if there IS anything.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                and I am a Scot.
                Right you are wee man.

Comment

Right you are wee man.
                  And that would be "Big Man" to you. Ya Bam!
                  “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Gutted. One game too far. Not enough world class players if Im honest. We had a guy coming on as sub who plays for MK Dons - in a euro semi-final. Fair play to Bale mind - what a guy. Earns millions but still proud to play for Wales.

Pity Ryan Giggs didnt have his attitude. Saw a stat - he played for wales for over 20 years and only got 64 caps. Bale is only 26 and has got 61 caps. It was a joke in wales that if Giggs sneezed he'd call off an away trip to somewhere he didnt fancy. Guys a tosser.
                    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X