• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Not to late to 'Go back on Brexit'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not to late to 'Go back on Brexit'

JPMorgan’s Dimon Says Not Too Late to ‘Go Back on Brexit’ - Bloomberg

My question is : is it remotely possible?
    If Eu reformed some of these laws, would brexiters change their mind? Or is it all about mindless hate for EU?

mindless, xenophobic, racist EU hatred for me

Comment

The main thing the Brexiters do not want is to have to a central european parliament as we do not feel we need it.

No one was ever against free trade but if we have to make that more difficult to remove some of the other things we did not want then so be it.

Freedom has to be earned sometimes and it is not always easy.

And please dump the whole brexit is racist shiite it is getting boring

Comment

If the EU conjured up some meaningful reforms, for example allowing EU countries to introduce a points-based migration system, then the UK government could claim that the terms and conditions had materially changed.

And at that point hold another referendum, which they'd probably win.

Nothing really wrong with that ... as long as there are significant reforms.

...... however I wouldn't hold your breath on EU reform!

Comment

I want proper Brexit now - it's the only way to educate people on the reality of the British economic position.
          Otherwise a "stab in the back" myth will dvelop and that's dangerous.
          So lets go for it and see how long we can sustain borrowing to keep our standard of living to the level we expect "because we're worth it".

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
            The main thing the Brexiters do not want is to have to a central european parliament as we do not feel we need it.
            Really? I thought the EU being "undemocratic" was a major theme, but you want to get rid of the one part we directly elect?

Clearly freedom of movement is the clincher. But people forget the EU has had immigration caps before and probably would again for any new members, so perhaps a guarantee of that would help sway people.
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

I can't help thinking that one simple reform would get everyone pretty much onside.

Freedom of trade - tick, no problem
              Freedom of movement - tick, no problem
              Even "blanket" rules and trade agreements -tick, no problem

"benefits" should be paid by the country of origin of the citizen. It is crazy that people working here are entitled to child benefit for children who have never even set foot here, and without in or out of work benefits only self supporting workers would want to come? no need for PBS.

If Cameron had come back with a real solution in February I think the vote would have been different, this isn't "Brexit" it's constructive dismissal!

Comment

Originally posted by CretinWatcher View Post
                I want proper Brexit now - it's the only way
                SAS a broken man
                The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by CretinWatcher View Post
                  I want proper Brexit now - it's the only way to educate people on the reality of the British economic position.
                  Otherwise a "stab in the back" myth will dvelop and that's dangerous.
                  So lets go for it and see how long we can sustain borrowing to keep our standard of living to the level we expect "because we're worth it".
                  Speaks a man with clearly no leadership skills
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                    SAS a broken man
                    The people voted for a sharp economic shock. Let them have it.

Comment

Working...
                    X