• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Think I'll go to Kidlington for my hols this year

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Think I'll go to Kidlington for my hols this year

Apparently it's becoming very fashionable.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Resident Nick Allington, 66, said the tourists asked one family if they could cut the grass in their garden.
    He said: "It's a mystery that I'm not sure will ever be solved."

People pointed out billionaire Sir Richard Branson and Emma-Jane Woodham from ITV's Love Island had connections to the Kidlington area.
    Oh, that will be it, then
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Yes, I saw that & had to laugh.

Oddly enough, I had a summer job with Cherwell District Council Parks Department many moons ago and one of my jobs was to attend to all the hanging baskets, flower tubs etc in places like Kidlington and Bicester.

It was a miracle if there was anything left to water each week I turned up.

The place must have gone up in the world since....

Comment

There's a house painted pink. That's about all I can say about it. Usually the only reason to go to Kidlington is you've taken the wrong exit from the roundabout on your way to Oxford.
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Andrew MacLachlan said: "They are time travellers, something terrible must happen to your village when we finally exit the EU, they just want to see Kidlington before the event."
          I knew there'd be a Brexit doom angle to it.

Comment

Working...
          X