• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BOOMED! UK manufactured computer sales to surge

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BOOMED! UK manufactured computer sales to surge

Dell confirms price rise post Brexit vote as UK pound stumbles • The Register

Lenovo are also looking to put up prices. Which all means that UK manufactured computers made from UK manufactured components will be more competitive!

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post

Lenovo are also looking to put up prices. Which all means that UK manufactured computers made from UK manufactured components will be more competitive!
    It also means more profits for these companies!

Comment

btw this is my personal favourite article of the year
      Brexit Casts Doubt on the Wisdom of Crowds - Bloomberg View

tl;dr referendum for more complex problems is likely to give wrong answer.
      Last edited by diseasex; 7 July 2016, 16:21.

Comment

Excellent. Upon opening each new box from Dell, I always ask myself which I've purchased such overpriced tat. Now I can ask that question with renewed vigour.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
          Excellent. Upon opening each new box from Dell, I always ask myself which I've purchased such overpriced tat. Now I can ask that question with renewed vigour.
          Barebone boxen pretty cheap from Dell, like R210s - buy memory from elsewhere to save money.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post

Oh God give it up. Take a deep breath and move on with life.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              Barebone boxen pretty cheap from Dell, like R210s - buy memory from elsewhere to save money.
              TBH, I've scaled back to only use Dell monitors now - quite happy with their UltraSharp series. I generally spec something and have it built from scratch. Which reminds me that I need another system soon, while CT is still 20%

Comment

Originally posted by Flashman View Post
                Oh God give it up. Take a deep breath and move on with life.
                Let me take your advice under consideration. In the meantime I am sure you will have no objection if I continue to spread the good economic news in a post-Brexit "Dig for Victory" spirit.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                  Is anything manufactured in the UK?

I thought it all came from China or Taiwan.
                  Nah. We had Brighton Rock until last year, but that was outsourced to Violet Beauregarde's new factory in Montana.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                    Is anything manufactured in the UK?

I thought it all came from China or Taiwan.

Although (accidentally) invented by the bloke who also invented what became Oxo cubes (he came from...I'll give you a clue, it begins with D, ends with T and has the word arm in it )
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                    X