• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Matador killed in ring

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matador killed in ring

Víctor Barrio muere tras una brutal cornada en el pecho | Toros | EL MUNDO

First one since 1987 by all accounts

Live by the sword, die by the sword and all that....

I feel sorry for the mother of the bull because tradition has it that the mother of any bull responsible for the death of a matador has to die. Indeed, in the foyer of La Mastraenza in Seville is the head of the mother of the bull that killed Manolete.

Horses for courses, different strokes & all that....

What's the tradition for mother of matador who kills bull???

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      What's the tradition for mother of matador who kills bull???
      That would be a night out with you - a greater punishment I cannot comprehend, nor would I even wish to.
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Malcolm Buggeridge View Post
        Víctor Barrio muere tras una brutal cornada en el pecho | Toros | EL MUNDO

First one since 1987 by all accounts

Live by the sword, die by the sword and all that....

I feel sorry for the mother of the bull because tradition has it that the mother of any bull responsible for the death of a matador has to die. Indeed, in the foyer of La Mastraenza in Seville is the head of the mother of the bull that killed Manolete.

Horses for courses, different strokes & all that....
        She is a silly old cow anyway.
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

The internet brings out the best in people :-

Death of bullfighter Victor Barrio mocked and celebrated by 'disrespectful' Facebook trolls

Comment

It is very heartbreaking and sad to see the bull hurt itself.

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
              It is very heartbreaking and sad to see the bull hurt itself.
              I'm sure you've been 'killed in the ring' a few times yourself.
              When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

It is undoubtedly a cruel art but I once attended a Corrida in Granada and was completely transfixed by the pageantry and artistry of the whole spectacle.

That said, on this particular afternoon I witnessed the great Espartaco single handedly take on all 6 bulls on the cartel and saw him receive 2 ears and a tail for his afternoon's work.

I've heard it said, though, that watching some of the lesser matadors fumbling with the sword is like watching something being butchered with a pair of blunt garden shears.

Definitely not my bag.

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                  Yes, just as I entered NLyUK's ring.

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post

FLC's ring sees more traffic than spaghetti junction. In fact, I hear, thats what the nurses called it at his last colonoscopy.

Comment

Working...
                    X