• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The first sizeable deal of the new era?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The first sizeable deal of the new era?

Boeing to create 2,000 new UK jobs in £3bn plane deal - BBC News
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Thankfully there are still some proper companies out there and not just the wishy washy ones like Branson's.

Comment

So £1.5m per job?

Comment

£1.5m?
        Must only be a 6 month contract.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I think we get to keep the planes when we leave. Does that put it inside ir35?

Comment

That's a good sign for Post-Brexiteers and another weakening in the argument of those who wanted to Remain.

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
              I think we get to keep the planes when we leave. Does that put it inside ir35?

I wonder what the BIK is on a Dreamliner. I can never remember the rates on Boeing, Airbus are far easier to work out. My A320 is £450, but when I go for a spin in my A380 it's only £400 due to the more efficient engines
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                I wonder what the BIK is on a Dreamliner. I can never remember the rates on Boeing, Airbus are far easier to work out. My A320 is £450, but when I go for a spin in my A380 it's only £400 due to the more efficient engines
                NLUK mode<< Have you searched the forum? I'm pretty sure this has been asked before.>>NLUK mode

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
                  That's a good sign for Post-Brexiteers and another weakening in the argument of those who wanted to Remain.
                  I thought these sorts of deals were impossible in the EU. Isn't that what the Brexiteers have been telling us all these months?

It would still have been better if we'd had these sorts of deals AND stayed in the EU.
                  Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
                    Not really, Boeing are a US company. The deal was going to happen regardless of the EU result.

Now if we are paying in $ it's going to cost us more after the £ tanked on the Exit vote.
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                    X