• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Prime Day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prime Day

Anyone get a good deal?

I'm finding it hard to navigate all the deals. The really good ones tend to sell out really quick and I can't see a "order by about to end" option.

It doesn't seem that great unless you want a Kindle, although some single malts might be cheap later.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Anyone get a good deal?

I'm finding it hard to navigate all the deals. The really good ones tend to sell out really quick and I can't see a "order by about to end" option.

It doesn't seem that great unless you want a Kindle, although some single malts might be cheap later.
    I do want a kindle.

At least I think; I dropped mine the other day & now the screen's gone kaput.

It was in a hardcase & only fell a couple of feet so I am slight;ly concerned about the robustness. It was a kindle paperwhite.

Think I paid £160 4 years ago.

How do you get the Prime deals? Do you have to be a Prime sunscriber or just sign up to a trial?

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Rouge View Post
      I do want a kindle.

At least I think; I dropped mine the other day & now the screen's gone kaput.

It was in a hardcase & only fell a couple of feet so I am slight;ly concerned about the robustness. It was a kindle paperwhite.
      Sounds like it fell into the bog.....

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
        Sounds like it fell into the bog.....
        No, fell out the back of the car when I was unloading.

Comment

How do you get the Prime deals? Do you have to be a Prime sunscriber or just sign up to a trial?
          I'm pretty sure you can sign up on the day to get the deals - it's one of the main points of today. And Amazon are very good at Prime trails and not trying to suck you in historically.

Comment

No, fell out the back of the car when I was unloading.
            So, in the bog then, as previously stated!
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Kindle is plastic and lightweight, definitely not as robust as a metal phone but then probably gets thrown around less.

And these drop tests show if you catch something just the right/wrong way it can make a huge difference. My Kindle Keyboard 3G is going strong after many years. I kind of wish it'd fail so I could justify getting a paperwhite/voyager

Comment

Just had a quick look. Toilet roll seems to be the top trending deal.

Can't see anything I'm particularly tempted by.
                Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  Anyone get a good deal?

Not a whiskey man personally - how's this?
                  https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B017YSLS...HV000MJW3NSETX
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Anyone know what the low down is with the kindle 3G?

I'm under the impression that it allows you to connect & download books pretty much wherever you are in the world but does it allow you to browse the internet?

The Kindle experimental web browser was pretty woeful on the device I had before. Just wondering if there have ben any improvements.

Comment

Working...
                    X