• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who has the heating on?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who has the heating on?

Got up this morning and it’s a bit nippy; especially when I open the door to the balcony to get some air. Think I shall have to fire up the old central heating tonight. Actually, I’d better get it checked first. I don’t know if it works properly, I’ve never used it as I only moved here in the spring.

It is November I after all. I suppose that I am just in denial that summer is over.
    Drivel is my speciality

Originally posted by Buffoon
    Got up this morning and it’s a bit nippy; especially when I open the door to the balcony to get some air. Think I shall have to fire up the old central heating tonight. Actually, I’d better get it checked first. I don’t know if it works properly, I’ve never used it as I only moved here in the spring.

It is November I after all. I suppose that I am just in denial that summer is over.
    I was still sat in the garden at 9.30 last night. Such is life, living on the South of England Riviera...
    Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

Me. I like to keep Xeno Towers nice and cosy.
      Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

EGLL 010920Z VRB09KT CAVOK 06/00 Q1028

Bit nippy. Time to turn on another server.
        If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffoon

Wimp!

If my wife (from Thailand) can put up with it, surely you can. It's only November. Heating does not go on until at least Late December and then is low because we are always visiting family over Christmas.

Put a sweater on and quit moaning

Comment

Still sleeping with the window open atm.

Added benefit is that the dog hates it now it's getting cooler and doesn't try and sneak into the room when we aren't looking. He slopes off and sleeps in our sons room. It's a tossup which is the biggest cause of the smell in there. Him or the dog.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Got home last night - after another debaucle on the trains - the wife has the fire on max, the heat on 25 and a blanket on! And still she says she's cold! Whilst I had only a windbreaker on outside.

She didn't hand out candies last night as 'Its too cold'.

This is the same woman who wants to move to Canada.
              McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
              Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000
                Got home last night - after another debaucle on the trains - the wife has the fire on max, the heat on 25 and a blanket on! And still she says she's cold! Whilst I had only a windbreaker on outside.

She didn't hand out candies last night as 'Its too cold'.

This is the same woman who wants to move to Canada.
                Sounds just like my wife, (apart from the Canada part, that would be me and then she tells me it's too cold out there...) she has been putting the heating on for the past month. Have women got some sort of genetic inability to store heat??

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco
                  Sounds just like my wife, (apart from the Canada part, that would be me and then she tells me it's too cold out there...) she has been putting the heating on for the past month. Have women got some sort of genetic inability to store heat??
                  Possibly? The nipper, he likes it cold. Even his room is cool. When I take him out, he sweats with anything more than a light sweater on.

However. the wife refuses to dress warmly outside as 'It ruins my fashion. I want people to see what fancy blouse I'm wearing'. Bizarre. Considering Britain has the highest unneccessary deaths due to cold - I wonder if its simply because people are too stoopid to dress warmly!!
                  McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                  Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Had to scrape the ice off the car this morning.
                    Me, me, me...

Comment

Working...
                    X