• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stiffed by Sopra steria

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stiffed by Sopra steria

Anyone else not get paid by these people? it was just for one day but I did the work.

Hi Team

We do not have booking for above contractor as the booking started and ended on 06-Jun-16. So there is no payment due to be paid for Keith.

that was their reply to my umbrella.

What does your accountant say?

HTH,
    NLUK

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
      What does your accountant say?

HTH,
      NLUK
      I dont have one currently I dont remember the contract saying if it ended on the same day they wouldn't pay me.

Comment

Originally posted by AttentivIS View Post
        I dont have one currently I dont remember the contract saying if it ended on the same day they wouldn't pay me.
        A common problem, no worries.
        Refresh your memory, read the contract.
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by AttentivIS View Post

Comment

I've been with Sopra Steria before - their accounting dept is in a place far far away and somewhat process bound.
            So long as all the boxes are ticked, they are fine.

The best person to sort it out is the agent there who initially got you the gig.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by ctdctd View Post
              I've been with Sopra Steria before - their accounting dept is in a place far far away and somewhat process bound.
              So long as all the boxes are ticked, they are fine.

The best person to sort it out is the agent there who initially got you the gig.

HTH
              A slight concern is the OP is looking to be paid, just for one day.
              A question to be asked, is why he was only there one day, quoted work for just the one day or...?
              The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                A slight concern is the OP is looking to be paid, just for one day.
                A question to be asked, is why he was only there one day, quoted work for just the one day or...?
                Sopra Steria's business model is bums on seats....
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  Sopra Steria's business model is bums on seats....
                  So the bum didn't fit on day one
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
                    If you're through an umbrella, would you need one if you're not an ltd co?
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                    X