• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who will be Brexit Secretary?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who will be Brexit Secretary?

I'm going David Davis.

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
    I'm going David Davis.
    FLC in a skirt, if we are talking the CUK one. Gets my vote
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Whoever has the biggest tits obviously
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Whoever takes her knickers off at the drop of a hat.

Comment

Grayling perhaps, as he's probably more aligned with May on what Brexit means and also led her campaign. Davis is probably too hardcore. Likewise, Fox is probably too hardcore. Both would be a statement though and all three might be expected to get promotions.

More importantly, I'm hoping Javid will be Chancellor (not that I like him personally, but I think he's fairly business friendly). Unfortunately, Hammond is more likely to be promoted to Chancellor (bad news IMO), possibly even a direct switch with Gidiot, although May has been rather critical of Gidiot.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
            Grayling perhaps, as he's probably more aligned with May on what Brexit means and also led her campaign. Davis is probably too hardcore. Likewise, Fox is probably too hardcore. Both would be a statement though and all three might be expected to get promotions.

More importantly, I'm hoping Javid will be Chancellor (not that I like him personally, but I think he's fairly business friendly). Unfortunately, Hammond is more likely to be promoted to Chancellor (bad news IMO), possibly even a direct switch with Gidiot, although May has been rather critical of Gidiot.
            In a previous life you must have been Chief Deck-Chair Arranger on the Titanic

Comment

Originally posted by CretinWatcher View Post
              In a previous life you must have been Chief Deck-Chair Arranger on the Titanic
              'sup, SasCretin?

Comment

Now this is interesting:

Uk immigration System may not be points based

Sounds like something that is going to make Nigel Farage and other Daily Express Readers "froth at the mouth".

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                  Now this is interesting:

Uk immigration System may not be points based

Sounds like something that is going to make Nigel Farage and other Daily Express Readers "froth at the mouth".

Did you actually read the article or just assume that a non-Aussie style system would mean less regulation?

And did you look at any of the other points?

"Britain’s new immigration system will not necessarily be modelled on the Australian-style points-based system promised by leading Leave campaigners during the referendum, the immigration minister has told MPs."
                  It wasn't promised. It was floated as a potential approach. (But this is the Guardian I suppose).

"confirmed that work has started within the Home Office on detailing the options for Britain’s new immigration system that will curb the free flow of EU migration to the UK. “The prime minister has said that free movement cannot continue it its present form,” he said.
                  Ok, that tells us nothing.

"in the last three weeks with the Irish government had reaffirmed the desire of both the UK and Ireland to preserve their joint common travel area that has existed since 1922 when Britain leaves the European Union"

That says so much for no negotiation before A50.

"confirmed that the government will not unilaterally guarantee the future position post-Brexit of the estimated 2.9 million EU nationals currently lawfully resident in Britain until the position of UK citizens in EU countries is also secured."

That sounds like some may just be kicked out.

"He did however try to reassure EU citizens who have been long-term residents in Britain by conceding it was very difficult to remove from the country people who have lived here for at least five years. Under EU law, citizens of other EU countries have a permanent right to live in the UK if they have been in Britain for five years. "
                  Unless resident for 5 years

So froth or salivate? I'm not sure this tells us anything more than we don't know what is going to happen yet.

Comment

I am happy to volunteer.

Comment

Working...
                    X