• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Should you kiss your child on the lips?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should you kiss your child on the lips?

How controversial is it to kiss your child on the lips? - BBC News

After MrsBP caught BabyBP chewing the bog brush(aged 2) she did not kiss him on the lips for a week....

"It's only weird if you use tongues"
    Reminds me of a mate's wedding video I'm in where I said "no tongues" to the bride when she was welcoming us into the reception venue post ceremony, giving all the guests that fake cheek to cheek air kiss. I blame it on the bucks fizz they gave out on arrival, I've always been a lightweight when drinking on an empty stomach.

Apart from the intimacy non-issue which is purely a social acceptance thing, there's a benefit of kissing on the lips as it allows people to transfer good and bad bacteria building up the immune system. Not sure which animal it was but I think it's the Elephant that feeds their young it's dung to do similar.

Most of us do the same by eating cakes made by the children if they're not very closely supervised. Don't ask them what the secret ingredients are.
    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Parent / child relationship, nothing wrong whatsoever imho (and I have read the articles this morning).
      At what age this should stop, am not so sure, my kids aren't at that age just yet.

Comment

So, can't kiss on the lips but can spit on a hanky and wash their whole face with it?
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
          So, can't kiss on the lips but can spit on a hanky and wash their whole face with it?
          Best on teenagers if they get lippy.....

Comment

I saw a 30 something bloke holding hands with a teenage girl the other day. I hope it was father and daughter, but even then it still seemed a bit weird.

Just me?
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
              Reminds me of a mate's wedding video I'm in where I said "no tongues" to the bride when she was welcoming us into the reception venue post ceremony
              Reminds me of a wedding. Best man dances with the bride, one dance, second dance, third dance, fourth dance.... All of a sudden the groom jumps out of nowhere and kicks the bride in the crutch furiously. The result: best man with 2 broken fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                I saw a 30 something bloke holding hands with a teenage girl the other day. I hope it was father and daughter, but even then it still seemed a bit weird.

Just me?
                8-teen years old? I like.....

Comment

Working...
                X