• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Doomed…..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doomed…..

I was crowing with the good price of my new Alfa Guilietta – just £16K, fully loaded special edition.

Looks like the economy is jittery – they are now flogging them for just £14K. Yep, regisetered April cars that were £22K with £8K off.

If anyone is after a bargain basement good sporty diesel car, you may as well ransack your local Italian jalopy centre while they have them.

That is a whole weeks worth of work in this hell-hole for nothing. Gutted….

Is the from the Mangoletsi Garage near Knutsford?

They are always pestering me with 'great deals'

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      Is the from the Mangoletsi Garage near Knutsford?

They are always pestering me with 'great deals'
      Yep, thats the place. However, the 1.6 Diesel Business Edition at just £14K is a real steal if you are after a new motor. They also have the traditional petrol and 2.0 diesel and TCT models, all at £16K or below. Which is why I am rather gutted!

Used Cars - 2016 Alfa Romeo Giulietta 2.0 JTDM-2 Business Edition 5dr (start/stop)

Comment

I loved the 170bhp diesel. Nice car and at that price a bit of a bargain.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

No lease? You're brave. The gen pop will have the torches and pitch forks out for daring to actually own the thing.

Also, see if they'll throw in a load of spares in case Alfa do a Saab and you're left with a car in warranty but no parts to fix them.
          Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
            Also, see if they'll throw in a load of spares in case Alfa do a Saab and you're left with a car in warranty but no parts to fix them.

There's always spares for Alfas because they tend to be enthusiast cars - lots of indie garages who will keep models running long after the company stops making parts.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
              No lease? You're brave. The gen pop will have the torches and pitch forks out for daring to actually own the thing.

It's just a fiat with different badge so nowt to worry about....

It's a decent deal actually. I find 1.6 diesels woefully underpowered though...

If I didn't have my £120 a month passat estate I might have been tempted.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

In other contractor related news, Bentley are discounting the price of new Mulsannes by at least 25%.
                Last edited by Lockhouse; 13 July 2016, 08:54.
                ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Chap I work with is after the Alfa Giulia Cloverleaf, was reading about it in TG magazine, seems like it's actually quite good.

For an Alfa.

qh
                  He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
                    Chap I work with is after the Alfa Giulia Cloverleaf, was reading about it in TG magazine, seems like it's actually quite good.

For an Alfa.

qh

The fully done up version of the Giulia looks sweet

Maybe an alternative to an M3/AMG.....

Comment

Working...
                    X