PDA

View Full Version : Should I stay, or should I go?

Wilmslow
13th July 2016, 08:44
I am in a very strange contract at a council. If I was working directly for the council I would have no issues as I could shape things easily.

However, I am working for a tin-pot small business although at the councils desk. The guy I am working for has no idea, spending his days working on his own business laptop, not doing anything for the council. He has asked me to do something which is already in hand by another section, and my work area is not getting up and running for quite a few months.

Undecided if I just give my weeks notice, stay and look, or, just lube up, bend over and take what should be guaranteed income until Christmas if I can look busy enough and curb my frosty tongue.
I can get home most evenings – 90 minutes house to office by train. Rate is also pretty decent.

What would Andy W’s mum do?

FatLazyContractor
13th July 2016, 09:03
What would Andy W’s mum do?

She would pull her knickers down 100 times a day and go home for more action.

northernladuk
13th July 2016, 09:06
She'd act like and adult and make her own decision rather than make herself look like a pillock on a forum of her peers. AndyW's mum is smart. Be like AndyW's mum.

FatLazyContractor
13th July 2016, 09:11
That said, how many contracts do you usually start every year?

BrilloPad
13th July 2016, 09:12
She'd act like and adult and make her own decision rather than make herself look like a pillock on a forum of her peers. AndyW's mum is smart. Be like AndyW's mum.

The only thing smart to ever come out of AndyW's mums mouth was my c0ck.

WTFH
Stay, keep invoicing, but also look for a new role.

As for AndyW's mum, rate is never an issue for her

BrilloPad
Keeping invoicing. Keep looking. Keep on with plan B. Keep posting the comedy threads.

psychocandy
13th July 2016, 09:14
Councils/NHS YMMV greatly. Nothing out of the ordinary here.....

Suck it up and take the money I say.

BrilloPad
13th July 2016, 09:15
If I go, there will be trouble
And if I stay it will be double

Therefore go and have half the trouble.

HTH

fullyautomatix
13th July 2016, 09:28
Every Wilmslow thread is all about how he is able to grab a contract. We all remember the last time he had a moan about his contract, he spent an entire day deleting all his posts.:laugh:

LondonManc
13th July 2016, 09:41
Sounds like your gig is far safer than the last soap opera.
If there's an opportunity to learn something new or at least put something useful on your cv at the end of it, keep invoicing.

MrMarkyMark
13th July 2016, 09:53
The guy I am working for has no idea, spending his days working on his own business laptop, not doing anything for the council.

Suity?

Wilmslow
13th July 2016, 09:54
Suity?

He may well be. Does he have a slug on his lip, look like a double glazing salesman, and squirt gold spot?

MrMarkyMark
13th July 2016, 09:55
He may well be. Does he have a slug on his lip, look like a double glazing salesman, and squirt gold spot?

Does he look anything like this :suity: