• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Should I stay, or should I go?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I stay, or should I go?

I am in a very strange contract at a council. If I was working directly for the council I would have no issues as I could shape things easily.

However, I am working for a tin-pot small business although at the councils desk. The guy I am working for has no idea, spending his days working on his own business laptop, not doing anything for the council. He has asked me to do something which is already in hand by another section, and my work area is not getting up and running for quite a few months.

Undecided if I just give my weeks notice, stay and look, or, just lube up, bend over and take what should be guaranteed income until Christmas if I can look busy enough and curb my frosty tongue.
    I can get home most evenings – 90 minutes house to office by train. Rate is also pretty decent.

What would Andy W’s mum do?

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    What would Andy W’s mum do?
    She would pull her knickers down 100 times a day and go home for more action.

Comment

She'd act like and adult and make her own decision rather than make herself look like a pillock on a forum of her peers. AndyW's mum is smart. Be like AndyW's mum.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

That said, how many contracts do you usually start every year?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          She'd act like and adult and make her own decision rather than make herself look like a pillock on a forum of her peers. AndyW's mum is smart. Be like AndyW's mum.
          The only thing smart to ever come out of AndyW's mums mouth was my c0ck.

Comment

Stay, keep invoicing, but also look for a new role.

As for AndyW's mum, rate is never an issue for her
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Keeping invoicing. Keep looking. Keep on with plan B. Keep posting the comedy threads.

Comment

Councils/NHS YMMV greatly. Nothing out of the ordinary here.....

Suck it up and take the money I say.
                Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

If I go, there will be trouble
                  And if I stay it will be double

Therefore go and have half the trouble.

HTH

Comment

Every Wilmslow thread is all about how he is able to grab a contract. We all remember the last time he had a moan about his contract, he spent an entire day deleting all his posts.:
                    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Working...
                    X