• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Finally some good news from Brexit!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally some good news from Brexit!

The NHS, far from getting extra money post-Brexit, is going to face a funding shortfall.
    No sh!t, Sherlock!

http://www.health.org.uk/publication...ces-outside-eu

Hopefully that will bring about its demise sooner rather than later

The sooner that mafia organisation is brought down, the better.

Comment

Originally posted by CretinWatcher View Post
      The NHS, far from getting extra money post-Brexit, is going to face a funding shortfall.
      No sh!t, Sherlock!

NHS finances outside the EU | The Health Foundation

That's not what that article says.

Comment

No sh!t, Sherlock!

NHS finances outside the EU | The Health Foundation

I agree. Why continue with a crap free service which is 3rd rate at best. Time for an overhaul.
        Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
          That's not what that article says.
          What does it say?

Comment

What does it say?
            The NHS budget could be £2.8bn lower than currently planned in 2019/20, if the government aims to balance the books overall. In the longer term, the NHS funding shortfall could be at least £19bn by 2030/31– equivalent to £365m a week – assuming the UK is able to join the European Economic Area. If this is not the case, the shortfall will potentially be as high as £28bn – which is £540m a week.
            HTH.

That £350m per week would come in handy right now.
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
              I agree. Why continue with a crap free service which is 3rd rate at best. Time for an overhaul.
              It's not all that bad, problem is it's poorly managed and people take advantage of it.
              In Scooter we trust

Comment

What does it say?

There is a shortfall in the NHS budget which existed prior to Brexit and seems to have existed for a few years if not longer.

And then also some leading economists are saying that due to Brexit there will be an economic impact which could affect the NHS

There is no direct link between Brexit and NHS cash shortfalls but some people are desperate trying to make one.

One of my posts ages ago was that my fear if we do Brexit was that every single issue would be blamed on Brexit and also people would then use Brexit as an excuse to not even try.

It is getting boring now as it is time to put the big boy pants on and get on with their lives.

Comment

It is getting boring now as it is time to put the big boy pants on and get on with their lives.
                  I am. That's why I was celebrating the good news!

Comment

There is no direct link between Brexit and NHS cash shortfalls but some people are desperate trying to make one.
                    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
                    X