• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SC Clearance Query - Does the process mean going through your CV

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SC Clearance Query - Does the process mean going through your CV

Does the SC Clearance process review what was stated in your CV that was submitted when applying for a given role?

No
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

No you can make up what you like as they don't bother to check that you are telling the truth. I mean there is no point as your work only involves dealing with national secrets.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

No but I'm sure the client will get interested when certain statements made during the interview process start changing.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Don't put your religion down: Man denied security clearance at work for being Scientologist - The Local
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
            Just make sure you don't mention your Russian granny, or that you're Putin's great nephew.
            And that you are third cousin once removed to a senior member of the Chinese Communist party.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by IPMAN View Post
              Does the SC Clearance process review what was stated in your CV that was submitted when applying for a given role?
              Yes. Why do you think Andrea Leadsom had to drop out?
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Not specifically the CV you submitted, but they will check your work history and references based on what you tell them and their own sources.

If what you tell the vetting agency / what they find out about you doesn't tally with what your sponsor has told them, which will be based on what you told them in your CV, then you can expect to be denied clearance.

You're not a boiler inspector are you?

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...ed-lawyer.html
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                  Not specifically the CV you submitted, but they will check your work history and references based on what you tell them and their own sources.

If what you tell the vetting agency / what they find out about you doesn't tally with what your sponsor has told them, which will be based on what you told them in your CV, then you can expect to be denied clearance.

You're not a boiler inspector are you?

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...ed-lawyer.html
                  Remember this is General, please keep comments banal and mocking in tone
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Stick to private sector. Nobody has ever questioned me being Russell Crowe's gladiator stunt double.

Comment

Working...
                    X