• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit DOOM™

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brexit DOOM™

"Brexit hits UK hiring and spending

Take note, Tim Martin.

A new survey of UK corporate chiefs has shown that – as feared – the Brexit vote has hurt business confidence, badly.

Credit Suisse says corporate sentiment has “deteriorated out of all recognition” since 23 June. For the first time since 2013, more companiesexpect to cut spending, rather than raise it.

Research shows that some businesses have trimmed hiring and spending plans already.

Many others have put their plans on hold until they have clarity on the UK’s relationship with the EU."

Source: https://www.theguardian.com/business...-business-live

DOOMED!!!

Many others have put their plans on hold until they have clarity on the UK’s relationship with the EU."
    This I most definitely do believe, in fact it has been the story, this year, since earlier than June.
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

"Brexit hits UK hiring and spending

Take note, Tim Martin.

A new survey of UK corporate chiefs has shown that – as feared – the Brexit vote has hurt business confidence, badly.

Credit Suisse says corporate sentiment has “deteriorated out of all recognition” since 23 June. For the first time since 2013, more companiesexpect to cut spending, rather than raise it.

Research shows that some businesses have trimmed hiring and spending plans already.

Source: https://www.theguardian.com/business...-business-live

DOOMED!!!
      Hang on, weren't Credit Suisse one of the worst doom mongers in the run up to the vote?

I wouldn't take much notice of what they say.

Credit Suisse analysts predict leaving EU would cause snap recession, hit share and house prices and knock up to 2% off GDP
      Last edited by OwlHoot; 13 July 2016, 14:32.
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
        Hang on, weren't Credit Suisse one of the worst doom mongers in the run up to the vote?

They were already trying to offshore as many operations roles as possible, ASAP, anyway.
        That came from the top.
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
          They were already trying to offshore as many operations roles as possible, ASAP, anyway.
          That came from the top.
          They are creating a Commodities Trading floor in Dublin. That has been going on for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

Credit Suisse analysts predict leaving EU would cause snap recession, hit share and house prices and knock up to 2% off GDP
            It's only been few weeks after voting, why do you expect report of GDP drop which isn't due for reporting until some time later?

Comment

Lets face it the UK's economy turned into a heap of sh*te on 24th June.
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                Lets face it the UK's economy turned into a heap of sh*te Brexiters food on 24th June.
                FTFY

Comment

I don't see us getting a true profit or loss figure as GB plc for 3-4 years after the Brexit equivalent of a decree nisi. It could well be the case that longer term Eurozone issues see us benefitting but it is now Theresa's job to make sure that we are in a position to do so.
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                  X