• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Post-Brexit doom-mongering could lead to slowdown, warns Wetherspoon boss

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post-Brexit doom-mongering could lead to slowdown, warns Wetherspoon boss

"The Brexit-backing chairman of JD Wetherspoon has lashed out at Chancellor George Osborne, the IMF, the Bank of England and a host of other organisations, blaming them for a potential slowdown following the EU referendum vote.

Tim Martin called into question their honesty and economic judgment during the referendum campaign, also singling out the CBI, Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley and PwC, who he claims were too negative about the impact of a Leave vote.

"In my opinion, the above individuals and organisations are either dishonest or they have a poor understanding of economics, since democracy and prosperity are closely linked and the EU is clearly undemocratic."

Source: Post-brexit doom-mongering could lead to slowdown, warns wetherspoon boss | Daily Mail Online

Should Brexit DOOM™ threads be banned on CUK? Vote in poll!
    Yes, I am too weak to face the horrible truth
    18.18%
    No, bring it on!
    27.27%
    Unban AndyW instead
    54.55%

Remoaners want to talk a recession up so they can say they were right.
    I get up...

Comment

One thread, OFFICIAL: Brexit Doom Predictions. Have it sponsored by The Samaritans.

Bring AndyW back so we can have more details about his mum's wellbeing/STIs
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

The effect on the global economy due to Brexit is akin to the effect on the global climate due to humans.

It's all smog and mirrors, sunshine.
        Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          "The Brexit-backing chairman of JD Wetherspoon has lashed out at Chancellor George Osborne, the IMF, the Bank of England and a host of other organisations, blaming them for a potential slowdown following the EU referendum vote.

Tim Martin called into question their honesty and economic judgment during the referendum campaign, also singling out the CBI, Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley and PwC, who he claims were too negative about the impact of a Leave vote.

"In my opinion, the above individuals and organisations are either dishonest or they have a poor understanding of economics, since democracy and prosperity are closely linked and the EU is clearly undemocratic."

Source: Post-brexit doom-mongering could lead to slowdown, warns wetherspoon boss | Daily Mail Online

Should Brexit DOOM™ threads be banned on CUK? Vote in poll!
          He sounds like a cretin to me. Panicking now he's being proved wrong and wanting to blame everyone else and everything but his lack of judgement.

Comment

Originally posted by CretinWatcher View Post
            He sounds like a cretin to me. Panicking now he's being proved wrong and wanting to blame everyone else and everything but his lack of judgement.
            He is happy because more people will be drinking his cheap crap booze when the recession hits.

HTH

Comment

FTFY

He is happy because more unemployed layabouts will be, sat drinking his cheap crap booze when the recession hits.

HTH
              The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

He is happy because more people will be drinking his cheap crap booze when the recession hits.
                Very few pubs have got as good a selection of decent beer as spoons.

It's the piss stained customers, poor service and the peculiar blended stench of fish, coffee, vinegar and beer that puts me off.

Comment

I've only ever been in one and it wasn't too bad until the evening drew on...Apparently every pub has a different carpet: Wetherspoon's Carpets
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

HTH
                    Cheap, certainly. Crap, certainly not. 'Spoons does a cracking range of cask ales and reasonably priced they are. In fact I had a pint recently that set me back £1.65.

Comment

Working...
                    X