• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oi Admin

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oi Admin

Can we have a mechanism to embed tweets and vines?

[admin]No[/admin]

HTH
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      Why are you asking the monkey not the organ grinder, send NickFitz a PM
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        [admin]No[/admin]

HTH
        You've got potential...

Or to put it another way, if we allow tweets and vines, then there will be more false information being spread on here by lazy people not interested in finding out whether something is true or not.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          You've got potential...

Or to put it another way, if we allow tweets and vines, then there will be more false information being spread on here by lazy people not interested in finding out whether something is true or not.
          Hold on, I think I've worked out how to do it...

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
            Why are you asking the monkey not the organ grinder, send NickFitz a PM
            I'm not sure he has the keys to the server install.

Other than that i'm not sure what is worse, the url issue has never been resolved on the video BB code or that the majority of users on a supposedly technical forum have never been able to work it out.

Comment

I'm not sure he has the keys to the server install.

Other than that i'm not sure what is worse, the url issue has never been resolved on the video BB code or that the majority of users on a supposedly technical forum have never been able to work it out.
              The URL issue with video is because YouTube switched to all-HTTPS, and it seems as if the PHP Curl module isn't set up for secure connections (or doesn't realise it is). It's the same reason that links to HTTP URLs will (by default) get the linked page's <title> and use that as the link text, but it doesn't work for HTTPS links.

And I have no idea off the top of my head what, if anything, admin needs to do to fix that

Comment

Like the signal to noise ratio in this place wasn't bad enough already....
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  The URL issue with video is because YouTube switched to all-HTTPS, and it seems as if the PHP Curl module isn't set up for secure connections (or doesn't realise it is). It's the same reason that links to HTTP URLs will (by default) get the linked page's <title> and use that as the link text, but it doesn't work for HTTPS links.

And I have no idea off the top of my head what, if anything, admin needs to do to fix that
                  You need to follow the advice on Using cURL in PHP to access HTTPS (SSL/TLS) protected sites » unitstep.net

As with all things it starts simple and gets rapidly complex very quickly... A quicker fix would be to just do a substitute on https:\/\/(.*)\.youtube\.com to http:\/\/$1\.youtube\.com (that regular expresssion is bound to be wrong but meh its a starting point)...
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Hold on, I think I've worked out how to do it...
                    No, you've worked out how to share an image designed to make it look like it came from a Twitter account, but it's fake, hence proving why it's a good idea NOT to have the ability to share Twitter feeds on here.

Are you MF's sidekick?
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                    X