• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Terror attack in Nice, 30 dead

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Terror attack in Nice, 30 dead

'30 dead' after truck crashes into crowd at Bastille Day celebrations in Nice 'terror attack'

BFM TV reported "dozens of dead" in Nice. "It's total panic," a witness told the channel by telephone. "We saw a white lorry which drove directly into people on the Promenade des Anglais. A gunman fired into the crowd before being shot by police. Perhaps they are dead, I'm not sure.".
    First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Difficult to comment other than sympathies to the victims and families. The are having a terrible time down there at present.

Comment

Horrific [emoji29]
      http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

So is he now confirmed as an Islamic terrorist?

Comment

Shockingly simple and therefore impossible to prevent.

The front page of the daily mail website (no desire to go any deeper into that site where there will undoubtedly be even more graphic content which I do not want to see) shows some video and photos where it appears the truck was mainly driving down the road rather than on the pavement, slowed down as the police were firing at it then sped off very quickly. Hard to know the context of that clip as far as where during the carnage it was taken but in hindsight they'd have been better trying to block it's path with their vehicles.

Trump saying it wouldn't have been so bad if the victims had been armed with guns. What a fookin moron. Though he's not the only one in the USA with that mental idea. For another thread though.
          Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

We are fortunate to have peace and security in the west meaning incidents like this are rare. This level of violence happens unreported every day in other parts of the world.

Comment

They should send Tony Blair over to wipe the blood of the streets. This is his legacy.

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
                They should send Tony Blair over to wipe the blood of the streets. This is his legacy.
                Much as I hate the forked tongue one, we can't blame him entirely for this.

Its a bunch of religious nutters trying to drag everyone to hell with them.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

This level of violence happens unreported every day in other parts of the world
                  Indeed. A lot of the violence only makes the news when Westerners are involved.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
                    So is he now confirmed as an Islamic terrorist?
                    Probably more likely a lone nutter with jihadist sympathies. If it were IS proper, the truck would have been rigged with explosives just to make sure.
                    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                    X