• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tea drinkers discriminated

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tea drinkers discriminated

Why do "coffee shops" discriminate against tea drinkers?

I'm not a coffee person, so get my tea every morning from a "coffee shop". I ask for a "white English breakfast tea" , however, they never put milk in the tea and expect me to go to the milk station and pour my own milk.

However, for coffee drinkers, they'll happily pour the milk, froth, chocolate toppings and goodness knows what else.

Yet, for tea drinkers, they just grab a cup with the tea bag already in there, add hot water and here you go.

Its almost as if they don't want to serve tea and they're doing you a favour. Tea and coffee prices are not far off yet coffee takes longer to prepare.

I now go to Pret, they add milk as its their normal procedure. Other coffee shops will do so if you ask them but its too much hard work as the baristas are not programmed to do so.

That's my Friday rant over!

1st world problems?

Comment

Originally posted by ContractorBanking View Post
      Why do "coffee shops" discriminate against tea drinkers?

I'm not a coffee person, so get my tea every morning from a "coffee shop". I ask for a "white English breakfast tea" , however, they never put milk in the tea and expect me to go to the milk station and pour my own milk.

However, for coffee drinkers, they'll happily pour the milk, froth, chocolate toppings and goodness knows what else.

Yet, for tea drinkers, they just grab a cup with the tea bag already in there, add hot water and here you go.

Its almost as if they don't want to serve tea and they're doing you a favour. Tea and coffee prices are not far off yet coffee takes longer to prepare.

I now go to Pret, they add milk as its their normal procedure. Other coffee shops will do so if you ask them but its too much hard work as the baristas are not programmed to do so.

That's my Friday rant over!
      I don't want them wasting time on tea, when they should be concentrating on making my coffee and milk the optimum temperature for my enjoyment
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
        1st world problems?
        Probably in Scotland.

Comment

Tea is for old ladies.

Comment

Why not punish them by getting your own tea bags and making your own?

Comment

You know there are tea shops?
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

The world changes, they start putting milk in tea and some idiot will complain about them putting too much milk in before the tea has brewed properly yadda yadda...

Anyway, how did your exam in Switzerland go? Did you ignore all the advice given and put the weekend away with the wife through the company in the end?
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  You know there are tea shops?
                  That's right. Bertie Ahern was my favourite.

Here he goes, cheeky little chappie with his loose tie knot;

Comment

Originally posted by ContractorBanking View Post
                    Sacrilege! Especially if said cup is cardboard.

Comment

Working...
                    X