• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boom!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boom!

MPs to vote on Trident nuclear weapons system renewal - BBC News

Bit of a daft vote, seeing as they are already committed to developing the programme, although loved JC's idea of building the boats (and thus keeping the defense jobs and Labour membership happy) but not arming them with missiles, also given he has publicly stated as PM he would never use them at least he can be commended for actually sticking to at least one of his core beliefs
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Corbyn is a nutcase. Obviously we need to be ready for a surprise nuclear attack from the 1980s CCCP and the 185 of 193 UN members and 25 of 28 NATO countries that don't see any point in having nuclear weapons are all being, as Theresa May puts it, "grossly irresponsible".

Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

As my colleague pointed out this morning - the only reason we need then is that nearby cheese loving surrender monkeys have them...

And if they have them we also need them so that when they surrender.....
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Boom!

There was talk of using the D5 to deliver conventional high explosive warheads. A very costly and limited value option IMHO. There was even a suggestion that the system could deliver aid packages, or organ donations...
        http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

The French seem to have no problem funding, designing and running their own nuclear weapons programme.

We're talking about a few billion £££ per year, peanuts in today's money. A row of terraced houses in London costs more.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            As my colleague pointed out this morning - the only reason we need then is that nearby cheese loving surrender monkeys have them...

And if they have them we also need them so that when they surrender.....
            I thought the idea was to nuke the French?

Comment

UK spend over £12bn a year on foreign aid every year, so cost could easily be covered by knocking this in half.

A lot of the infrastructure and support jobs are in Northern England and Scotland, so the money feeds back into the UK economy. Warheads are designed and maintained at RWE in Southern England.

It tells the World we are No. 5 most powerful military in the World.

Just sign the bloody thing and get on with it. Komrade Korbyn can defect to Russia, no one would miss the nutty tw@t.

Comment

Working...
              X