• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Millennials to earn feck all

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Millennials to earn feck all

Millennials 'set to earn less than Generation X' - BBC News

Millennials are set to become the first generation to earn less than their predecessors, new research suggests.

The Resolution Foundation found that under-35s earned £8,000 less in their twenties than Generation X workers.

If wages for millennials follow the same path as Generation X, average career earnings will be about £825,000.

That would make them the first generation to earn less than their predecessors over the course of their working lives.

Even if millennials' wages improved rapidly like those of their baby boomer parents born after World War Two, their lifetime earnings would be about £890,000, according to the foundation.

That sum would be just 7% more than Generation X, born between 1966 and 1980, and only a third of the size of the pay progress that generation X should enjoy over the baby boomers.
    Oh well, at least house prices are still doubling every 5 years....

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Millennials 'set to earn less than Generation X' - BBC News

Oh well, at least house prices are still doubling every 5 years....
    This is grossly unfair.....as one of them started pointing out to me this morning at great length.....until a pokemon appeared over my shoulder and he became distracted.

Last edited by shaunbhoy; 18 July 2016, 10:10.
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

There are people who earn money?
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

The only career option is to follow homes under the hammer and start building your portfolio from the age of 18. I think I'm being serious there as well.
        I get up...

Comment

Working...
        X