• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

It's raining

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's raining

Can anyone please suggest some decent umbrellas, most agencies won't let me use the one I've been using for five years

ho hum

Why won't they let you use it ?

Comment

It varies, some say because they pay in dividends, but then go on to recommend Giant who pay in dividends.

Others, ie Hays IT, have a preferred list of four, one being Giant and just won't consider using others because 'it is too much work for them to have to deal with a load of different companies'

Comment

Originally posted by spankmebono
        It varies, some say because they pay in dividends, but then go on to recommend Giant who pay in dividends.

Others, ie Hays IT, have a preferred list of four, one being Giant and just won't consider using others because 'it is too much work for them to have to deal with a load of different companies'
        Does that mean they won't deal with Ltd Co contractors? Does it feck. Tell them you will not deal with Giant under any circumstances and you wish to use your own brolly. They probably get kickbacks (sorry, referral fees) off Giant.
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Set up your own Ltd company. If they dont like that flip them the finger.

Comment

So you don't recommend Giant then ?

I refused to go along with this from Hays and was told they wouldn't progress the role unless I did. So me no contract. Yet.

Comment

So you don't recommend Giant then ?

I refused to go along with this from Hays and was told they wouldn't progress the role unless I did. So me no contract. Yet.
              The general consensus Giant are fkuctards and you should touch them with a long sh*tty stick.

Tell them it's your Unbrella or your LTD co and see what they say.

Comment

Working...
              X