• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Meliana's Thinking

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meliana's Thinking

Mrs Trump delivers the best speech that Hilary's money could buy.

The gorgeous Mrs Trump has delivered a speech to the gathered Republicans that flatters one made 8 years ago by Michelle Obama. In the sense that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. She, or rather her speechwriters, lifted it, in some places word for word.

Mrs Obama's head speechwriter was Sarah Hurwitz, who also worked for Hilary Clinton, so the Trump campaign seems to be plagarizing Mrs Clinton.

In*an interview*with Matt Lauer of NBC, Melania Trump said of her speech: “I wrote it with a little help as possible.” Jason Miller, a senior communications adviser for the Trump campaign, said: “In writing her beautiful speech, Melania’s team of writers took notes on her life’s inspirations and, in some instances, included fragments that reflected her own thinking.
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...michelle-obama
    My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

I'd agree with everything she says

Comment

Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
      Mrs Trump delivers the best speech that Hilary's money could buy.

The gorgeous Mrs Trump has delivered a speech to the gathered Republicans that flatters one made 8 years ago by Michelle Obama. In the sense that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. She, or rather her speechwriters, lifted it, in some places word for word.

Mrs Obama's head speechwriter was Sarah Hurwitz, who also worked for Hilary Clinton, so the Trump campaign seems to be plagarizing Mrs Clinton.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...michelle-obama
      Haven't you got a climate to deal with?
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Okay I'm struggling here.

Why exactly would I give a tulip?

Shouldn't you be more concerned with the impending end of the planet due to some parts per million of plant food in the air?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          Okay I'm struggling here.

Why exactly would I give a tulip?

Shouldn't you be more concerned with the impending end of the planet due to some parts per million of plant food in the air?
          You're confusing global warming with hayfever. HTHBIDI
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

UK weather: Mercury to hit 34C as public health officials issue heat warnings to the elderly and vulnerable

April 2016 is the hottest April on record globally, breaking the previous record by the largest margin ever recorded. It is the seventh month in a row that is at least 1C above the mean, placing 2016 in line to be the hottest year on record.
            Doesn't that give you climate change sceptics pause for thought?
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

I suspect she has been set up by one of her speech writers.

Anyway, it's not the first time...

Joe Biden plagiarised Neil Kinnock speech - Telegraph

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                I suspect she has been set up by one of her speech writers.

Anyway, it's not the first time...

Joe Biden plagiarised Neil Kinnock speech - Telegraph
                Well, there's a lesson for all politicians. If you want to win an election, don't plagiarise from someone who lost.
                England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                  Hot weather is not a hot climate.

Think about it again next week when it's 15 deg and pissing down all day.

Comment

Hot weather is not a hot climate.

Think about it again next week when it's 15 deg and pissing down all day.
                    Owlhoot - you will have noticed the removal of your point about an historical record-breaking hot year globally and a response to your weather point. Thus disqualifying the poster from the title 'sceptic'.

I see this a lot.

My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Working...
                    X