• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Payment on account

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Payment on account

Worth every penny.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Did the hooker charge you twice for one shag? I know, them Polish ...

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
        Did the hooker charge you twice for one shag? I know, them Polish ...
        no it was a surcharge on account of him being floppy. What they call the FLC fluffing forfeit.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I love payments on account too. My invoices paid by Friday of each week.
          Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

That did me too....

In the interests of war chest building I always paid myself the bare minimum, took a bit extra out last year, hit by payment on account, now I have to take more out and pay more tax so I can pay my tax in advance.

It's a catch 23 situation.

It's gonna get worse after Brexit....

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
              I love payments on account too. My invoices paid by Friday of each week.
              What??
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                What??
                He got paid for doing tulip all because he posts on CUK all day long - payment on account

HTH

Comment

Yeah

You can have it reduced if you have different plans for the current year (but you'd better be sure, otherwise you'll pay interest on any discrepancy).

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                    That did me too....

In the interests of war chest building I always paid myself the bare minimum, took a bit extra out last year, hit by payment on account, now I have to take more out and pay more tax so I can pay my tax in advance.

It's a catch 23 situation.

It's gonna get worse after Brexit....
                    There's no catch-22. Obviously, you probably should've known about this as a seasoned contractor (), but you can reduce or eliminate any payment on account if you have different plans for the current year (make sure you account for any dividend tax above the 5k zero-rated band).

Comment

Working...
                    X