• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Just make sure you are sick once every five years

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just make sure you are sick once every five years

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...-of-no-contact
    and
    Healthy patients to be axed from surgery lists if they don't see GP for five years
    and
    sun.co.uk/news/1472339/fail-to-visit-your-doc-once-every-5-years-and-youll-be-struck-off-for-being-too-healthy/

If you can't be bothered to read it then Crapita are involved:

GPs will be expected to provide primary care support provider Capita with a list of suspected ghost patients every year under the biggest ever list cleansing drive that could increase practices' workload burdens and result in them losing funding, Pulse has learned.

Under the terms of Capita's contract with NHS England, obtained by Pulse, the outsourcing giant will contact practices every year demanding a list of all patients who have not had contact with the practice in the previous five years.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

That's a brilliant way to clog up waiting rooms, isn't it? So we have to fake an illness about every 4 years or so (no point leaving it until year 5, they'll see right through that). Or re-register, which is a pigging nightmare - blood test (I hate needles), a questionnaire which makes security clearance look like an application for a Tesco Clubcard, and then a 2 month wait because unlike every other organisation "brand new customers only" means going to the back of the bloody queue.
    Give me 5 mins with the bell-end who came up with this idea, and I feel another infraction coming...:
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
      (I hate needles)
      I see you are usually fully lubed up when MF comes around to your place ..

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
        Give me 5 mins with the bell-end who came up with this idea, and I feel another infraction coming...:
        Crapita?

It was tried out in London first as London has a more transient population.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

The process is to send 2 letters at the end of the 5 year period to check if the patient wants to stay registered. They don't have to pull a sickie.

GPs don't like the idea as they currently get near £140 / year per registered patient, healthy, ill or dead regardless of where they live.

Comment

Seems to mostly be about not paying doctors for patients they don't have. Which isn't entirely unreasonable.

And when you do turn up you'd hope they could just reactivate your registration without you having to re-register.

I probably went 10 years without a GP visit. Now I'm in my mid 40s I seems to be seeing someone or other every other week.
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
              The process is to send 2 letters at the end of the 5 year period to check if the patient wants to stay registered. They don't have to pull a sickie.

GPs don't like the idea as they currently get near £140 / year per registered patient, healthy, ill or dead regardless of where they live.
              I suspect we are still paying lots of dead or emigrated patients.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
                I see you are usually fully lubed up when MF comes around to your place ..
                'Tis the safest way...
                His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  I suspect we are still paying lots of dead or emigrated patients.
                  Apparently so.

There also seemed to be a breakdown in the system whereby patients transferring from one area to another could end up registered in both.shouldnt happen but we all know systems aren't perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
                    Apparently so.

There also seemed to be a breakdown in the system whereby patients transferring from one area to another could end up registered in both.shouldnt happen but we all know systems aren't perfect.
                    Particularly those which Crapita have let their bobs loose on...

Comment

Working...
                    X