• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

NatWest Business Banking Terms Changing...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NatWest Business Banking Terms Changing...

They're changing the Ts&Cs to allow them to charge interest if you are in credit and "future market conditions" force it.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

They're changing the Ts&Cs to allow them to charge interest if you are in credit and "future market conditions" force it.
    Ah right, so negative interest rates are on the way!

I predict a spate of burglaries and murders, when loads more old timers start keeping wads of notes in their mattresses!
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

The good news is that most people don't have any serious money in the first place, so all good - Bank of England wealth tax of 1% per year on cash balances to fund infrastructure, welcome to the Second Conservative Majority Govt...

Comment

They can feck right off, if that's the case I'll be moving elsewhere.
        In Scooter we trust

Comment

I'm with Natwest Business, and one question (I haven't had the letter yet, or if I did, I may have assumed it was spammishness and chucked it, they do send a lot of spam) how can they charge interest on a credit balance?
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
            how can they charge interest on a credit balance?
            1. Update Terms and Conditions
            2. Notify customers who normally never read them anyway
            3. Charge interest on a credit balance.
            4. Lend out same money at 20-30%
            5. PROFIT!!!

Who do you think the City will be compensating their loss of profits from Brexit? Us!!!

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
              They can feck right off, if that's the case I'll be moving elsewhere.
              They'll all do it just like they all give tulipe positive interest at the moment.

Comment

Close your Natwest account, simples.

Comment

Is that in addition to any monthly service fee they may charge? (I'm not with NW btw)

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

Close your Natwest account, simples.
                    And do what, if all banks are going the same way? (which they may have to if central bank interest rates go negative)

Doesn't seem very likely admittedly, because it introduces a whole load of new problems. But there has been talk about it.

Next thing you know steep withdrawal fees will be introduced, to discourage bank runs!
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                    X