PDA

View Full Version : Leeds Drinks - TBC

SimonMac
20th July 2016, 15:23
Think there are a few of us working in and around Leeds at the moment, if there is enough interested will stick a pin in a diary, probably be Brewery Tap near the station to kick off.

Wednesday 17th

(Mods ignore the message about the 16th I've just sent you to change the thread title too :laugh )

stek
20th July 2016, 16:33
Think there are a few of us working in and around Leeds at the moment, if there is enough interested will stick a pin in a diary, probably be Brewery Tap near the station to kick off.

On my way right now. Seriously I am, ex-Spine folks!

Headed for Tapped on Boar Lane

northernladuk
20th July 2016, 16:40
I'm up for that but will depend on the day and probably driving but would be good.

eek
20th July 2016, 17:41
Sadly too far by train for me from clientco

Antman
20th July 2016, 21:25
I'll try and get there.

Netraider
26th July 2016, 06:30
I'm in.

SimonMac
26th July 2016, 08:36
Sadly too far by train for me from clientco

Stayover, you must be missing the Vicar Lane Travelodge after all this time!

SimonMac
26th July 2016, 08:37
I'm up for that but will depend on the day and probably driving but would be good.

Let us know what is a good day for you and we will get it in, I assume Netraider will be ok for most Tues/Weds?

SimonMac
26th July 2016, 08:38
On my way right now. Seriously I am, ex-Spine folks!

Headed for Tapped on Boar Lane

You working local?

stek
26th July 2016, 12:14
You working local?

Yep - back of the station opposite the 'Spoons'.

Netraider
27th July 2016, 20:34
Let us know what is a good day for you and we will get it in, I assume Netraider will be ok for most Tues/Weds?

Most Tuesdays and Wednesdays.

DaveB
27th July 2016, 20:47
Yep - back of the station opposite the 'Spoons'.

HSCIC? Spent far to much time in there :)

May be able to make it up on the train depending on the day. If it's a WFH day it shouldn't be a problem.

eek
28th July 2016, 09:47
Stayover, you must be missing the Vicar Lane Travelodge after all this time!

No, it was a dive - only to be used if I need to do something in town. Colton was far nicer...

It may be doable (I've found a train that isn't via Manchester) but I need a date..

SimonMac
28th July 2016, 10:05
No, it was a dive - only to be used if I need to do something in town. Colton was far nicer...

It may be doable (I've found a train that isn't via Manchester) but I need a date..

I hear FLC isn't choosy

eek
28th July 2016, 10:30
I hear FLC isn't choosy

not a dinner (referring to my youtube :puke: post earlier) date, a calendar date....

SimonMac
28th July 2016, 13:00
Looks like 16th August seems to be the best for everyone/most.

Bollocks!

United are playing at home so the station will be a write off and all the pubs round it.

Wednesday the 17th?

northernladuk
28th July 2016, 13:05

Bollocks!

United are playing at home so the station will be a write off and all the pubs round it.

Wednesday the 17th?

Should be OK 16th. Dress code is a Fulham shirt so we can spot the CUK crowd :D

eek
28th July 2016, 13:13

17th it is then :tongue:

DaveB
28th July 2016, 13:22

Bollocks!

Wednesday the 17th?

Is this some sort of sports ball event then?

Netraider
28th July 2016, 16:42
Wednesday 17th works for me.

barrydidit
28th July 2016, 18:50
Count me in, subject to any subsequent better offers appearing of course

Bee
29th July 2016, 13:41

Humm...you (the superhero wannabe) are going !!!!
I'm not a pro Batman but I'm going to do a sacrifice and wear a Batman shirt...:D

northernladuk
29th July 2016, 15:19
I'm not a pro Batman but I'm going to do a sacrifice and wear a Batman shirt...:D

You are about as amusing as a dose of piles. How about STFU if you are not coming?

Bee
29th July 2016, 15:31
You are about as amusing as a dose of piles. How about STFU if you are not coming?

Yeah, yeah, yeah....

Dredd: I'm d'a laaww...
Batman: I don't give a shit about the law...

:glasses

MrMarkyMark
29th July 2016, 16:17

You are barking up the wrong tree, you should PM Brillo.

stek
29th July 2016, 18:23
HSCIC? Spent far to much time in there :)

May be able to make it up on the train depending on the day. If it's a WFH day it shouldn't be a problem.

Toshiba actually - ground floor - lots of mates in HSCIC upstairs tho from Spine days...

stek
29th July 2016, 18:28
17th OK for me too, I recommend Head of Steam on Mill Hill, BarTap opposite or Tapped on Boar Lane, bring your wallets, had a £12 pint in Head of Steam....

Antman
30th July 2016, 07:12
Think you must have been confused by the busty blondes working behind the bar.

northernladuk
3rd August 2016, 16:38
17th OK for me too, I recommend Head of Steam on Mill Hill, BarTap opposite or Tapped on Boar Lane, bring your wallets, had a £12 pint in Head of Steam....

You are gonna tell me they don't sell Cristal as well aren't you.

northernladuk
3rd August 2016, 16:38
Count me in, subject to any subsequent better offers appearing of course

You could always say you are washing your hair.

barrydidit
15th August 2016, 18:28
Is this idea dead?

northernladuk
15th August 2016, 20:24
I'm still going but got to go to London early next day so I'm driving booooo...

SimonMac
15th August 2016, 21:37
Is this idea dead?

Nope, still on for Wednesday

barrydidit
15th August 2016, 22:03
Great, *should* be able to come, assuming the pimps maintain their glacial progress towards issuing a contract for a gig i've sourced myself... :eyes

MrMarkyMark
16th August 2016, 07:41
Great, *should* be able to come, assuming the pimps maintain their glacial progress towards issuing a contract for a gig i've sourced myself... :eyes

Facing similar issues myself, chin up old boy.
I'm going to have to check the pulse of the person I have been dealing with, I think we may have "lost" them :eyes

stek
16th August 2016, 07:53
Have we decided where and when yet?

SimonMac
16th August 2016, 13:53
Have we decided where and when yet?

Brewery Tap?

stek
16th August 2016, 15:15
Brewery Tap?

Gets a bit full in there tho, even early doors but I'm ok with it.

What time? Bearing in mind I'm working practically on Leeds station and I'll be coming straight from work.

Antman
16th August 2016, 18:55
I'll be coming in from Seacroft straight after work, should be there for about 5:30-ish.

Bee
16th August 2016, 19:19
:D

stek
16th August 2016, 19:23
I'll be coming in from Seacroft straight after work, should be there for about 5:30-ish.

Seacroft? Err, I can't make it then, err, sorry....

Wouldn't you be happier in the Duncan or General Elliot?

Antman
16th August 2016, 20:13
Seacroft? Err, I can't make it then, err, sorry....

Wouldn't you be happier in the Duncan or General Elliot?

Lol! The office is in Seacroft but everyone there is from Croggy or Whinmoor!

:D

E ai pangaré, vai vir?

stek
16th August 2016, 20:24
Lol! The office is in Seacroft but everyone there is from Croggy or Whinmoor!

Phew! In that case I'll be in Brewery Tap 17:30, probably in shorts cos i can, the hard part about these do's is having the balls to introduce yourself to random folks and the possibly of coming across as a rent boy, or in my case, a rent man.

Antman
17th August 2016, 07:25
Phew! In that case I'll be in Brewery Tap 17:30, probably in shorts cos i can, the hard part about these do's is having the balls to introduce yourself to random folks and the possibly of coming across as a rent boy, or in my case, a rent man.

I've met you at the last one with Cojak, so regarding the shorts err yes you can, I'd like to advise the other posters coming tonight to look for a larger Don Estelle (without the pith helmet and glasses).

stek
17th August 2016, 07:47
I've met you at the last one with Cojak, so regarding the shorts err yes you can, I'd like to advise the other posters coming tonight to look for a larger Don Estelle (without the pith helmet and glasses).

Ahh right, I remember now. Shorts are off the menu today, looks a bit nippy out.

MrMarkyMark
17th August 2016, 07:50
Ahh right, I remember now. Shorts are off the menu today, looks a bit nippy out.

<Sighs of Relief all Round Placeholder >

SimonMac
17th August 2016, 08:11

Red Lion on York Road then :D

I'd say the Station Post or Whinmoor but both are now closed, Cock Beck is still open, or were you more a Fellmonger or Lion & Lamb patron (sidenote L&L was the only place to get a decent pint of Harp, I was sad when it closed down)

Antman
17th August 2016, 08:48
Red Lion on York Road then :D

I'd say the Station Post or Whinmoor but both are now closed, Cock Beck is still open, or were you more a Fellmonger or Lion & Lamb patron (sidenote L&L was the only place to get a decent pint of Harp, I was sad when it closed down)

Yuuuuuur great days, drinking, fighting, sniffin' glue, thought the Summer would never end!

I only work here, I come in from Wetherby.

Antman
17th August 2016, 15:49
Got your shorts on?

stek
17th August 2016, 15:53
Got your shorts on?

Nope - you're safe!

I'm going to put my toys away now, put my chair on my desk and tell Miss I'm leaving.

I need to get some cash, then I'll mosey on down to the Brewery Tap, I'll keep my Regus Pass with fetching red Toshiba Lanyard on a beacon to all.

I'll arrive too early of course, because I tend to get over excited....

northernladuk
17th August 2016, 15:55
Brewery tap is scabby taps yes?

stek
17th August 2016, 16:03
Brewery tap is scabby taps yes?

Actually no, Brewey Tap is on New Station Street, the road that goes off Boar Lane up to the main railway station entrance.

It's opposite Evan's Cycles.

northernladuk
17th August 2016, 16:05
Actually no, Brewey Tap is on New Station Street, the road that goes off Boar Lane up to the main railway station entrance.

It's opposite Evan's Cycles.

Oh yes. I think we had our first meet there. Got it.

stek
17th August 2016, 16:15
I'm here in window seat opposite bar, nabbed a table number 203

SimonMac
17th August 2016, 17:17
We've got 4, one of the best turn outs for a Leeds meet!

MrMarkyMark
17th August 2016, 17:31
We've got 4, one of the best turn outs for a Leeds meet!

Hope you all behave yourselves, don't want to be reading local Leeds headlines about a foursome of middle aged IT "chancers" going on the rampage.

:laugh

northernladuk
17th August 2016, 18:41
Just missing the rose to sit between 4 thorns then hey...

greenlake
17th August 2016, 18:45

Probably not gonna happen....

http://blog.nj.com/hobokennow_impact/2008/10/large_teletubbies.JPG

northernladuk
17th August 2016, 18:48
And now we are five

http://s2.dmcdn.net/XM-S/x240-X90.jpg

MrMarkyMark
17th August 2016, 18:54
And now we are five

http://s2.dmcdn.net/XM-S/x240-X90.jpg

At least you all made the effort to dress up :rolleyes:

stek
17th August 2016, 21:14
Good night - had to leave a bit early, Mrs dilemma (quit work - go uni) plus I'd had 6 pints of Jaipur IPA (5.9%) in like 2 hrs, finally met NLUK, he asked me if I'd asked my accountant....

Still, stopped off at Midgley's chippy and got two sausages and chip shop curry and I'm as happy as a pig in shiiiiite.

Came home to Weds Corrie to watch and a 2-1 win for Bolton Wanderers at Bristol Rovers to go top of the league...

Sweet.....

TestMangler
17th August 2016, 22:37

Yeah, sorry I couldn't make this one.....

TestMangler
18th August 2016, 08:18
So, anyone wake up with a lot more money than they went out with and a really sore arse ??

northernladuk
18th August 2016, 11:26
So, anyone wake up with a lot more money than they went out with and a really sore arse ??

Not me. Had a really good meet with the regulars and great to meet Stek and Antman. Proper decent blokes the both of them.

You were missed TM....

quackhandle
18th August 2016, 12:38
If there's a Brum Xmas CUK meetup I'd be up for that.

qh

barrydidit
18th August 2016, 19:58

A sore head right enough. :ohwell

BTW, even with a liberal dose of rohypnol, a yorkshireman's arse isn't an easy target. HTH :smile

TestMangler
18th August 2016, 20:35

BTW, even with a liberal dose of rohypnol, a yorkshireman's arse isn't an easy target. HTH :smile

Most Yorkshiremen I know will take anything if its free :eek

Just watch out on Saturday night when you're pumped full of moonshine :moon:

MrMarkyMark
19th August 2016, 06:36

Victimised again, Barry, glad you managed to keep hold of your chastity, this time :eyes