• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Benched

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Benched

Well last day yesterday and so now benched.

Saw my offboarding email come through last night with all of the instuctions to turn off my access, email etc.

Just logged in, to see I still have all my access. Got to love IT incompetence.

So bags packed, heading off to the airport & off to the US for 3.5 weeks with the family, then back for another week with family, then out again for a week at a holiday park in the Somerset. Just need to book somewhere for the last week of the summer holidays. First full summer off since I quit my first perm job & then went contracting at the end of 1997.

Suppose I'd better think of getting off the bench sometime in October
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

and next week

merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

Saw my offboarding email come through last night with all of the instuctions to turn off my access, email etc.

So bags packed, heading off to the airport & off to the US for 3.5 weeks with the family, then back for another week with family, then out again for a week at a holiday park in the Somerset. Just need to book somewhere for the last week of the summer holidays. First full summer off since I quit my first perm job & then went contracting at the end of 1997.

Suppose I'd better think of getting off the bench sometime in October
      And it wasn't me this time...
      3 weeks in DisneyWorld with the kids? Best of luck with that one
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

One minute you're benched the next beating back offers left right and centre. Make the most of your free time while you have it!
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Can the Bremoaners blame it on Brexit?

Comment

Back of the queue now he's benched.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

You fool, it was a test. They wanted to check what you would do with open access, you irresponsible scroat.

I think and hope they won't pay you for July

Comment

Congratulations welcome to the 1st day of the rest of your life

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  One minute you're benched the next beating back sailors left right and centre. Make the most of your free time while you have it!
                  FTFY
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                    And it wasn't me this time...
                    3 weeks in DisneyWorld with the kids? Best of luck with that one
                    He'll need a contract at the end of the holiday to refill the bank account...
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                    X