• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BA. CON

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BA. CON

Am taking The Wife (tm) away on holiday in September. Was looking about upgrading the flights, so I decided to check on their website.

Price to upgrade 2 of us both sectors: £4744

Price to upgrade 2 of us on the outbound: £900
    Price to upgrade 2 of us on the return: £1640

So, to upgrade both sectors costs £2204 more than to upgrade each sector separately.

Did Suity design the software for BA's pricing model, or is it based on MF's bookings?
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Did Suity design the software for BA's pricing model, or is it based on MF's bookings?
    Depends on which part of the world you are flying to and which airport you are flying from.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      Am taking The Wife (tm) away on holiday in September. Was looking about upgrading the flights, so I decided to check on their website.

Price to upgrade 2 of us both sectors: £4744

Price to upgrade 2 of us on the outbound: £900
      Price to upgrade 2 of us on the return: £1640

So, to upgrade both sectors costs £2204 more than to upgrade each sector separately.

Did Suity design the software for BA's pricing model
      , or is it based on MF's bookings?
      I caught up with Suity, he says it sounds like user error
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
        I caught up with Suity, he says it sounds like user error
        Like what? BA's error in using his software?

Comment

Ring them - you often get a much better deal. And if you have a comparable quote from somewhere else then they can price match.

My parents have just knocked £650 off the first BA quote by getting one, asking Virgin if they can beat it, then asking BA if they can beat that.

Comment

The done thing is for the man to fly first class and the woman to fly cattle class. You're not made of money.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

The done thing is for the man to fly first class and the woman to fly cattle class. You're not made of money.
              An extra five grand just to sit in cushier seats for a few hours? The OP must be barking if he pays that, or the £2500 or whatever the "cheap" option was!
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Ring them - they often don't have a bloody clue

Comment

If Airlines Sold Paint - a humorous look at airline ticket pricing

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                    An extra five grand just to sit in cushier seats for a few hours? The OP must be barking if he pays that, or the £2500 or whatever the "cheap" option was!
                    9hr flight (roughly), I don't like flying. We don't need extra baggage (15kg limit on the light aircraft), just like a bit of extra space and service.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                    X