• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Thursday Jihadi Watch

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thursday Jihadi Watch

RAF Marham: Serviceman threatened with knife treated as abduction - BBC News

Brazil arrests over 'Olympics terrorism' - BBC News

Probably caused by something a UKIP councillor said. Violence always is.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      Probably caused by something a UKIP councillor said. Violence always is.
      Nope, definitely Brexit's fault.

Patrice Evra would have got a three match ban for it if he was still at United.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

http://www.spectator.co.uk/2015/01/r...ess-platitude/
        http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Only the tactics that Nelson Mandela used to use. And now he is seen as a freedom fighter.

If IS win this will be seen as legitimate tactics.

Comment

Veterans' fury after Edinburgh-based fancy dress shop sells £28.49 taliban suicide bomber costume | Daily Mail Online

I suppose Prince Harry might wear it.....

Comment

Sit on the Tube wearing that, shouting Ally AckBar I dare you!

Comment

Another male no doubt. When will somebody do something about male violence, or is the right too lily-livered to acknowledge this is the obvious common factor of recent shootings, bombings, truck murders etc?

Comment

My Name is Maurice Micklewhite Michael Caine.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/201...e-changes-name

The legendary British actor, born Maurice Micklewhite, has legally changed his name to the showbiz moniker he adopted in 1954 because of the rise in airport security checks prompted by Islamic State.

“An airport security guard would say, ‘Hi, Michael Caine,’ and suddenly I’d give him a passport with a different name on it,” Caine said. “I could stand there for an hour. So I changed my name.”

didn't know this excellent taste

The 83-year-old began his acting career on the Sussex stage as Michael Scott. He was required to change his handle after moving to London, where another Michael Scott was already treading the boards. During a harried call to his agent he looked outside the telephone box and saw a poster for the Humphrey Bogart naval drama The Caine Mutiny.

“I was opposite the Odeon and I looked up, and my favourite actor is Humphrey Bogart, and there it was,” Caine said.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    My Name is Maurice Micklewhite Michael Caine.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/201...e-changes-name

didn't know this excellent taste
                    His two autobiography's are a good read/listen on Audible.

Another autobiography that I would commend to the audience is that of Sidney Poitier - The Measure of a Man.

Comment

Working...
                    X