• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Kickass Torrents taken down

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kickass Torrents taken down

Ok, no surprise that a torrent site gets taken down, when it's one of the biggest it makes news, however what was fascinating (to me anyway) was the break down of how the investigation unfolded.

A good read for those trying to do nefarious things on the Internet (pay close attention NLUK)

https://torrentfreak.com/can-kickass...meback-160721/
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Ok, no surprise that a torrent site gets taken down, when it's one of the biggest it makes news, however what was fascinating (to me anyway) was the break down of how the investigation unfolded.

A good read for those trying to do nefarious things on the Internet (pay close attention NLUK)

https://torrentfreak.com/can-kickass...meback-160721/
    \\\\\in layman "thick agent" terms what is this all about?
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
      No matter how hard you try you will eventually (by accident) reveal enough about yourself to allow people to identify you...
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
        Owner found and in trouble.
        Suits have lots of data to play with.
        Regular users are unlikely to be prosecuted.

That help?
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Owner found and in trouble.
          Suits have lots of data to play with.
          Regular users are unlikely to be prosecuted.

That help?
          You are aware of how torrents work and the implication of using them in relation to UK copyright law.... There is a reason why I don't use torrent sites....

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            they caught up with me, posting volume may be reduced for 6 years.

NLYUK will have to work twice as hard to keep Tarquin at Eaton

That help?
            FTFY
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              You are aware of how torrents work and the implication of using them in relation to UK copyright law.... There is a reason why I don't use torrent sites....
              Nope, don't have a clue what they are or any implications. No idea what you are talking point.

Comment

The theory is if you use a VPN, and something like Peerblock you're safe.
                Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

No matter how hard you try you will eventually (by accident) reveal enough about yourself to allow people to identify you...
                  This. I can't remember if it was a Monday link but I read a really interesting article about how they caught the people behind one of the nastier worms in recent years (Zotob I think). I seem to remember it was down to something like a picture of his car on the server which when went up for sale on the web or something. Quite interesting if you like that type of thing.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                    The theory is if you use a VPN, and something like Peerblock you're safe.
                    You're just hiding yourself more. Granted its probably enough to be safe but it isn't worth the effort when older methods are easier

Comment

Working...
                    X