• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Looks like Nick Fitz might have a point

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like Nick Fitz might have a point

Health fears mount over rocket consumption as deadly e-coli strain kills two and dozens are rushed to hospital

Two dead?

Do You Need To Wash Packaged Salad Greens E Coli
    Last edited by zeitghost; 9 June 2017, 10:51.

Q. Should I eat rocket or mixed salad served in a restaurant?

A. The guidance from the FSA states that it should be safe to eat if washed properly. If you're worried ask your waiter for your salad to make sure your salad is well washed.

If you ask a waiter they might be offended and wash the salad in p1ss.

Safer to eat in McDs - unless they decide to bleed on the burger and cover it up with ketchup.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Q. Should I eat rocket or mixed salad served in a restaurant?

A. The guidance from the FSA states that it should be safe to eat if washed properly. If you're worried ask your waiter for your salad to make sure your salad is well tossed.
      FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        I always wash salad leaves under running water.

More to get rid of dirt and creepy crawlies than anything.

I can't imagine that washing in cold water would be effective against e coli somehow.

Comment

Originally posted by Malcolm Buggeridge View Post
          I can't imagine that washing in cold water would be effective against e coli somehow.
          Bleach? That might work.

I was quite lax about washing lettuce until I found a grub in one a couple of weeks ago. Surely if you buy food from a supermarket you should have a reasonable expectation of it being clean?
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Most dangerous thing is Brussel spouts apparently:

Raw sprouts are probably the riskiest food in the world

There is a definite correlation between tendencies of food to cause poisoning and to cause farting.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
              Most dangerous thing is Brussel spouts apparently:

Raw sprouts are probably the riskiest food in the world

There is a definite correlation between tendencies of food to cause poisoning and to cause farting.
              Guess the Brexiters eat quite a lot of them then!

Funny how the farts come out in the form of posts here

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                Those are bean sprouts rather than the Brussels kind.
                Ever tried them instead of Fava beans, old lad?

Comment

Alcohol causes seven types of cancer - and probably others, study finds | Health News | Lifestyle | The Independent

Everything is dangerous these days.....

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                    Bleach? That might work.

I was quite lax about washing lettuce until I found a grub in one a couple of weeks ago. Surely if you buy food from a supermarket you should have a reasonable expectation of it being clean?
                    I once had a green caterpillar in with a packet of green beans. It was the same colour and diameter as the beans. Could have easily slung it in to boil.
                    http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Working...
                    X