• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

'Who's to blame for Brexit? Stupid. English. People.'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AWARD winning actor Alan Cumming has blamed the Brexit vote on "stupid English people" as he expressed his shock and frustration at last month's referendum result.

In an exclusive interview with the Sunday Herald magazine, the Aberfeldy-born actor said he was "appalled" that Scotland now faced the prospect of being dragged out of the EU against its will.

Cumming, who won the Best Theatre Actor award at the Sunday Herald's inaugural Culture Awards earlier this month, said that he had feared for such an outcome where Scotland "would want to stay", as he reflected on the decisive 62 per cent vote to Remain in Scotland.

Alan Cumming: 'Who's to blame for Brexit? Stupid. English. People.' (From Herald Scotland)

Still at stage 1.

Comment

its Alan Cumming FFS

Alan Cumming - IMDb

you don't get much more leftie lovvie than him.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

No doubt lives in some liberal bubble eating vegan sheese and wearing knitted hemp underwear.
        http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
          No doubt lives in some liberal bubble eating vegan sheese and wearing knitted hemp underwear.
          He lives in New York. So yes.

He bought a flat in Edinburgh specifically for the Scottish referendum then got told he was not getting a vote as it was not his main residence.

Comment

Could you imagine the tulip storm that would happen if an English actor had said 'Stupid Irish people'. Troubling that the paper just prints this stuff rather than challenging his racist language. But by the second paragraph they are onto standard SNP sloganism with "dragged out of the EU against its will". Wonderful civic nationalism.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
              Could you imagine the tulip storm that would happen if an English actor had said 'Stupid Irish people'. Troubling that the paper just prints this stuff rather than challenging his racist language. But by the second paragraph they are onto standard SNP sloganism with "dragged out of the EU against its will". Wonderful civic nationalism.
              If the Scots were bothered more of them should have come out and voted remain.

But if they had half a million migrants swarming into their country every year, I doubt they would be so jolly about the EU.
              http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
                If the Scots were bothered more of them should have come out and voted remain.

But if they had half a million migrants swarming into their country every year, I doubt they would be so jolly about the EU.
                Maybe if Alan the racist actually lived and paid tax in Scotland (along with a few million other passionate Scots that can't be bothered to live or pay tax there yes I mean you Sean the plastic Scot) they could have afforded to leave?

Indeed I was almost hoping they would leave, stay in the EU & we brexited. I would love to see what happened when Stugeon greeted the millions of Eastern Europeans turning up at Glasgow coach station (ala Keith Vaz).
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  Maybe if Alan the racist actually lived and paid tax in Scotland (along with a few million other passionate Scots that can't be bothered to live or pay tax there yes I mean you Sean the plastic Scot) they could have afforded to leave?

Indeed I was almost hoping they would leave, stay in the EU & we brexited. I would love to see what happened when Stugeon greeted the millions of Eastern Europeans turning up at Glasgow coach station (ala Keith Vaz).
                  She won't talk about Eastern European migration...

Tom Gallagher: Hubristic Sturgeon turns a blind eye to the turmoil in her own backyard - The Conservative Woman
                  Last edited by minestrone; 24 July 2016, 12:27.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                    'Who's to blame for Brexit? Stupid. English. People.
                    Actually it's Stupid. Scottish. People. If the 1,018,322 morons who voted leave had voted to remain, the remain campaign would have won 17,159,563 to 16,392,420.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                    X