• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

It's Alive!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's Alive!

Last edited by zeitghost; 12 August 2016, 13:07.

Steve McQueen was right!
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Cool. Blackadder The Fifth - Percy discovers green again.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

and of course its in the cycle lane, bloody car drivers will honk if you go round it.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          and of course its in the cycle lane, bloody car drivers will honk if you go round it.
          Perhaps if cyclists knew the highway code, there would be less of a them and us attitude from cyclists in the first place.
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
            Perhaps if cyclists knew the highway code, there would be less of a them and us attitude from cyclists in the first place.
            Maybe if cars actually treated cyclists as vulnerable road users then there would be more cyclists alive?

UK Road Cycling Laws and Rules Explained: Overtaking Cyclists

give motorcyclists, cyclists and horse riders at least as much room as you would when overtaking a car (see Rules 211-215)

That doesn't mean speeding past me at 50mph at 3mm away and then immediately turning left. Pretty much a daily occurrence. Always made more interesting by the lack of tarmac around the drain they so thoughtfully included across the cycle lane.

Comment

That doesn't mean speeding past me at 50mph at 3mm away and then immediately turning left. Pretty much a daily occurrence. Always made more interesting by the lack of tarmac around the drain they so thoughtfully included across the cycle lane.
              Cycled up the A-road into town the other day, which is a route I rarely do, and there's a drain every 20 yards or so that you need to avoid whilst the traffic is whizzing by. As we know cycle lanes are only an excuse for car drivers not to give you any room.

Car drivers: I hate them. Except when I am one and then it's cyclists: I hate them.
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Mmm. That looks really eaty.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Maybe if cars actually treated cyclists as vulnerable road users then there would be more cyclists alive?

UK Road Cycling Laws and Rules Explained: Overtaking Cyclists

I appreciate that you don't have much room (that cycle lane between those two red lines on the A40 near Marylebone looks rubbish) but you do try to have it both ways; you want us to give you as much room as we would a car but are happy to try and get through gaps that don't exist and bump car mirrors.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                    I appreciate that you don't have much room (that cycle lane between those two red lines on the A40 near Marylebone looks rubbish) but you do try to have it both ways; you want us to give you as much room as we would a car but are happy to try and get through gaps that don't exist and bump car mirrors.
                    I ride as courteously as I can, I have no wish to offend some pschotic muppet in a ton of metal. Do you drive that way?

Comment

Working...
                    X