• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Georgia

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Georgia

Just outside Atlanta. Had to pop out to the a food store yesterday for some provisions. I was out for at least an hour.

I'm a minority. Didn't see another white face anywhere an nobody treated me any different.

As a minority I felt I should have been looked after differently. I should have at least been stared, or shouted as, and the store should have made sure there was Marmite or English muffins. Nobody pandered to me.

I have been asked what my funny accent is a few times. Flicking racists. #marillionfanslivesmatters
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    I have been asked what my funny accent is a few times.
    Well you can take the boy out of Brixham!!
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

white privilege you Honkys are all the same.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

did you take the mignight train?

Comment

A minute of my life I can't have back. What a two-hat.
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
            A minute of my life I can't have back. What a two-hat.
            Two-Hat MF

hmm it works
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              Two-Hat MF

hmm it works
              Better Two Hats, than Two Bob.

Comment

Those extra wide seats in the diner were put in for you.

Comment

Well I can recommend Savannah near the coast in Georgia. 300 miles from the last place. An old English town, it's like a living museum and has the most antique shops per capita of anywhere in the US.

Hotel room was upgraded to a triple suite, so the kids each have a queen size bed each in a separate room, extra lounge and double bathrooms, drinks and booze for free all for the principle amount of $0. Gotta love loyalty points.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    Hotel room was upgraded to a triple suite, so the kids each have a queen size bed each in a separate room, extra lounge and double bathrooms, drinks and booze for free all for the principle amount of $0. Gotta love loyalty points.
                    So are you sleeping with the horses in the stables?

Comment

Working...
                    X