• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Can bank cut your rates within the first months of your contract?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can bank cut your rates within the first months of your contract?

I'm negotiating with a big bank that says they wouldn't be able to cut the rates 10% in the first 12 months anyway.

It's contracting. They can bin you off at any time - why spend time worrying about it?

Comment

Who says that exactly? Your contract is likely with the agent not the bank anyway but all they do is serve you your notice and offer you the same role at 10% less.

Are you trying to get that in the contract or is that what the agent is telling you?
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ujjain View Post
        I'm negotiating with a big bank that says they wouldn't be able to cut the rates 10% in the first 12 months anyway.
        Negotiating with a bank? Since when have banks started taking contractors direct?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Who says that exactly? Your contract is likely with the agent not the bank anyway but all they do is serve you your notice and offer you the same role at 10% less.

Are you trying to get that in the contract or is that what the agent is telling you?
          That would be a good one for the agent to string out this load of crap !!!!!
          Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
            Negotiating with a bank? Since when have banks started taking contractors direct?
            They do, but unfortunately you usually have to use their outsourced recruiter
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Banks can (and do) cut rates whenever they want. They cut mine after only five weeks as part of a bank-wide cut. You're lucky if you escape these (or mission critical).
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                Banks can (and do) cut rates whenever they want. They cut mine after only five weeks as part of a bank-wide cut. You're lucky if you escape these (or mission critical).
                The recruitment agency told me they couldn't cut rates in the first 12 months, lies?

Comment

The recruitment agency told me they couldn't cut rates in the first 12 months, lies?
                  Read NLUKs response, above.

The only way you would know the agent's statement to be actually true would be to see the agencies contract with the bank.
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X