• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No feedback on Resume

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No feedback on Resume

I was looking for a new contract for last 3 weeks or so and had a very busy period with plenty of calls - 2/3 new roles each day and have been put forward for nearly 15 roles over the month (including for 3 while I was on holiday in Spain) All with tier 1 banks with decent agents - but how many interviews have I had - None.

My current contract wasn't supposed to get extended but they manage to secure some last minute approvals - so I am ok for another 3 months

But this begs a question as to what does it take to get an interview and why is there so much time wasting?

Poor cv?

You have attention to detail listed but spelling mistakes are in your cv?
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by coe123 View Post
      I was looking for a new contract for last 3 weeks or so and had a very busy period with plenty of calls - 2/3 new roles each day and have been put forward for nearly 15 roles over the month (including for 3 while I was on holiday in Spain) All with tier 1 banks with decent agents - but how many interviews have I had - None.

My current contract wasn't supposed to get extended but they manage to secure some last minute approvals - so I am ok for another 3 months

But this begs a question as to what does it take to get an interview and why is there so much time wasting?
      It begs the question: AYCOTBAC?

HTHBISDI

qh
      He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
        Poor cv?

You have attention to detail listed but spelling mistakes are in your cv?
        Nope, spellchecked, printed and verified. It is fairly crisp CV of 3 pages with all the meaty bits on first 2 pages, and I have had good feedback and interviews based on this before. All places I have worked with are well known and need no introduction to anyone in Banking.

I am willing to give benefit of doubt to some degree to the CV still and my name - but that can't be the case everywhere.

Comment

Welcome to contracting. There are a lot of people on the bench struggling to find gigs so it's going to be a numbers game.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
            It begs the question: AYCOTBAC?

HTHBISDI

qh
            No buzzwords or acronyms (than absolutely necessary) on the CV - nothing OTT anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Welcome to contracting. There are a lot of people on the bench struggling to find gigs so it's going to be a numbers game.
              This.

Less contracts out there, more people looking.

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
                This.

Less contracts out there, more people looking.
                Indeed, I was hearing that TfL shipped over 100 contractors oot the door recently.

qh
                He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Leading up to Brexit was tight. Since it has been tighter.

Comment

Originally posted by coe123 View Post

We've had a lot of IPSE members feed back to us that having their CV/resumé "smartened up" does get results.
                    Last edited by Contractor UK; 27 July 2016, 12:43. Reason: Link removed

Comment

Working...
                    X