• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Asperger's Syndrome

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asperger's Syndrome

"Individuals with AS can exhibit a variety of characteristics and the disorder can range from mild to severe. Persons with AS show marked deficiencies in social skills, have difficulties with transitions or changes and prefer sameness. They often have obsessive routines and may be preoccupied with a particular subject of interest. They have a great deal of difficulty reading nonverbal cues (body language) and very often the individual with AS has difficulty determining proper body space.

By definition, those with AS have a normal IQ and many individuals (although not all), exhibit exceptional skill or talent in a specific area. Because of their high degree of functionality and their naiveté, those with AS are often viewed as eccentric or odd and can easily become victims of teasing and bullying. While language development seems, on the surface, normal, individuals with AS often have deficits in pragmatics and prosody. Vocabularies may be extraordinarily rich and some children sound like "little professors." However, persons with AS can be extremely literal and have difficulty using language in a social context. "

Sounds familiar. I guess I have at least one of those symptoms, but not as many as some here.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

eeek ! sounds like my other half

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
      [..]
      By definition, those with AS have a normal IQ [..]

Sounds familiar. I guess I have at least one of those symptoms, but not as many as some here.
      Certainly not the one I quoted, unless you multiply your IQ by 3, then you are closer to the average.
      I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko
        Certainly not the one I quoted, unless you multiply your IQ by 3, then you are closer to the average.
        No stop you're too funny. My sides are splitting with laughter.
        Why can't Italian's do humour? If you did, large swathes of your population wouldn't have voted for that ridiculous buffoon Mussolini.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

perger's Syndrome.

Comment

You didnt by any chance watch CrimeWatch did you where they were linking aspergers to crime...

Comment

Working...
            X