• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Icy roads

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Icy roads

Cycling home, in the snow/sleet, worked my way around 5 crashed cars dumped on the cycle path, feeling really self righteous I went up on the pegs to power up a little incline and woo hoo back end stepped out.

Hmm, I guess it's a little icy tonight.

threaded in "lets be careful out there" mode
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

are they sausage rolls ?

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
      Cycling home, in the snow/sleet, worked my way around 5 crashed cars dumped on the cycle path
      You shouldn't have hit them with your large figure. And they were in the right lane.
      I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Who came off worse, Threaded or the road?
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Tsunami reported.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

And not a gritter in sight, although we did have them gritting the roads in the summer because the tarmac was melting.
            Do you think people who pack the confectionary into boxes at fudge making factories tell people what they do for a living?

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish
              Who came off worse, Threaded or the road?

In other news Denmark reported it's first earthquake in living memory. Measuring 6.5 on the richter scale and followed by a series of decreasing after shocks. A govt spokesman described it "It was as if a huge rubber ball had been dropped on the ground and bounced up and down with an earthshaking force."
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Ice is largely a myth spread by the meteorological office
                Threaded
                The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

I must say I am most touched by your responses.

threaded in "dabs eye" mode
                  Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                  threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
                  X