• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Interesting clientco situation!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting clientco situation!

Had an email from an agent last night about a diluted version of my current contract with a third of the rate. This role would report to myself, but I have not heard anything about it.

While I am in a public sector project I am working for a tin-pot 2 man consultancy who needed my skillset to get things progressed. I am contracted to November with a weeks notice. I have good processes and shaped things up well over my five weeks here, there is now a good roadmap for a better chance of success.

Either the public sector HR are trying to swap me for a cheaper version, or the consultancy I am working for are trying to swap me out to pocket a heck of a difference for themselves.

I am looking but to be honest am ready for a good holiday. Last time I work for a small firm – lesson learnt.

An email from the agent warning you that the new role is on the market?
    Or offering you the job?
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

start up/very small clients, small agencies = aggro

Comment

Originally posted by Mincepie View Post
        start up/very small clients, small agencies = aggro
        Yep, aggro indeed. Thankfully I am through a good agent who pays weekly so the money is coming through. I would not have taken the role otherwise. My agent seem to know nothing but I will bide out the week and see what happens if anything. Even a graduate would not work for pro-rata council salary on a day rate.

Comment

Guess the client wants you to take up that job since they don't see value for the money they are paying you?

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
            Yep, aggro indeed. Thankfully I am through a good agent who pays weekly so the money is coming through. I would not have taken the role otherwise. My agent seem to know nothing but I will bide out the week and see what happens if anything. Even a graduate would not work for pro-rata council salary on a day rate.
            Care to bet on that. Can show you a fair number at this clientco (also public sector) who do just that and they are well beyond graduation....
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

See if you can sub suity in.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                See if you can sub suity in.
                Isn't a third of £30/day too much for him though?

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
                  Isn't a third of £30/day too much for him though?
                  In terms of value delivered, he's worth -1000 times that,

Comment

I was wondering if this story was true, or just another bit of attention-seeking, then I read this...

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
                    I am through a good agent

...and that cleared it up for me.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                    X