• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Keynsham

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keynsham

That's K-E-Y-N-S-H-A-M for those that remember the big L...

Anyhow, I'm thinking of relocating there to be closer to the local commercial centres as my bones are getting s bit creaky for all these long commutes (currently 2 hours each way, folks).

Just wondering if anyone here has any experience of living in Keynsham and what there is to recommend about the place? Being smack bang between Bath and Bristol is a start I guess.

I worked there once. There is nothing to recommend it.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      I worked there once. There is nothing to recommend it.
      Ooooh! There are jobs there too?

Wasn't defence related by any chance?

Comment

Originally posted by Malcolm Buggeridge View Post
        That's K-E-Y-N-S-H-A-M for those that remember the big L...

Anyhow, I'm thinking of relocating there to be closer to the local commercial centres as my bones are getting s bit creaky for all these long commutes (currently 2 hours each way, folks).

Just wondering if anyone here has any experience of living in Keynsham and what there is to recommend about the place? Being smack bang between Bath and Bristol is a start I guess.
        Being slap bang between them means that it gets ALL the crappy cross commuting traffic. The A4 towards Saltford and Keynsham is rammed solid most weekends.

As for Keynsham, I drive through it a lot. Normally at speed with the doors locked

Comment

I preferred Felphersham. A few odd ones - must remember to visit Elf World though.
          I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
            Being slap bang between them means that it gets ALL the crappy cross commuting traffic. The A4 towards Saltford and Keynsham is rammed solid most weekends.

As for Keynsham, I drive through it a lot. Normally at speed with the doors locked
            Well I guess there are other ways in to Bath e.g. via 2 Headed Man.

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
              Great place if you are really hanging for a few rocks of crack though.

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Oh well, the Chandag Road area looks ok & it seems a lot more salubrious than Midsomer Norton.

It's all relative I guess

Comment

Well I guess there are other ways in to Bath e.g. via 2 Headed Man.
                  No thats tulipe as well. I have seen people fall asleep in that queue and not cause any disruption to the traffic. You also get the added bonus of serious accidents on the junction thanks to people jumping lights/straddling white lines. I would be more tempted to go north of the M4 and find somewhere that is easier to use the M4 as the conduit.

Comment

Oh well, the Chandag Road area looks ok & it seems a lot more salubrious than Midsomer Norton.

It's all relative I guess
                    Is Midsomer Norton where they had the idea for Midsomer Murders?
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                    X