• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Perfect end to a Monday

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perfect end to a Monday

I was in Reading yesterday & went to get the 17:05 back to God's own country to find that an earlier delayed service was about to depart.

Great, I thought, until a double take at the board told me next stop was Taunton at which point I hopped off & walked down the platform to my usual spot.

Then some woman poked her head out the window & asked the BR guy standing on the platform if the train was going to Hungerford.

Yes, he said at which point I interrupted & told her he was talking out of his arris.

It was at this point there was an audible click and the poor girl found herself locked on the train and there was nothing this jobsworth was going to do about it other than telling her she can change in Taunton.

I'll never forget the look on her face as she receded into the distance - her gaze fixed on me as the awful realisation of what she was about to go through sank in.

Pure Celia Johnson.

Do you think she's got a right to any redress?

(I actually looked at the live tracker & her train got to Taunton just in time to miss the last train back to Hungerford for 2 hours meaning, by my reckoning, she wouldn't be home until 11pm or so - a full 6 hours later)

Maybe you (and her) should have a look here:

Auto Trader UK - New & used cars for sale
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post

Home
      FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by Malcolm Buggeridge View Post
        I was in Reading yesterday & went to get the 17:05 back to God's own country to find that an earlier delayed service was about to depart.

Great, I thought, until a double take at the board told me next stop was Taunton at which point I hopped off & walked down the platform to my usual spot.

Then some woman poked her head out the window & asked the BR guy standing on the platform if the train was going to Hungerford.

Yes, he said at which point I interrupted & told her he was talking out of his arris.

It was at this point there was an audible click and the poor girl found herself locked on the train and there was nothing this jobsworth was going to do about it other than telling her she can change in Taunton.

I'll never forget the look on her face as she receded into the distance - her gaze fixed on me as the awful realisation of what she was about to go through sank in.

Pure Celia Johnson.

Do you think she's got a right to any redress?

(I actually looked at the live tracker & her train got to Taunton just in time to miss the last train back to Hungerford for 2 hours meaning, by my reckoning, she wouldn't be home until 11pm or so - a full 6 hours later)
        Bit of round trip that one for a short journey home....
        Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Auto Trader UK - New & used cars for sale
          You've got to be joking.

Westbury - Reading is about 1 hour, I get a seat to myself most mornings & it's only £3:20 to park for the day.

Why in the name of God would I want to drive?

Comment

Originally posted by Malcolm Buggeridge View Post
            I get a seat to myself most mornings
            I've never once failed to get a seat to myself in my car.
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Perfect end to a Monday
              So are you saying that you shagged that woman?

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
                why do you think she ran to Taunton?
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I've never once failed to get a seat to myself in my car.
                  I have. After trimming a large hedge in my parents' garden, and stuffing the cuttings in my Rangerover, I found I didn't have enough room for myself!
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
                    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                    X