• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Johnny Lydon on TV last night

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Johnny Lydon on TV last night

Do you think they needed to tether him down to stop him from blowing away?

Looked like somebody had inserted an air line up his rear end.

PS John, I do think you are over egging the "national treasure" pudding just a little bit too much

Who is Johnny Lydon again? Some steam train enthusiast?
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

according to people who have grown up with him he is a nasty piece of work
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
        I hear the opposite actually from the music industry, but I suppose that doesn't mean much.

I remember spotting Peter Hook at various gigs in Manchester in the early eighties, too scared to approach him because of his reputation for twatting people, I loved Joy Division and he'd bonked a few punters on the head with his bass several times when things kicked off....

When I finally did speak to him at a gig mid 90's I think he was the nicest bloke ever! And everything I've read about him since kinda confirms that.

See, in those days you couldn't Google 'Is Peter Hook hard in real life?' so you'd no idea, only heresay...

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
          Who is Johnny Lydon again? Some steam train enthusiast?
          Doesn't he advertise something?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Doesn't he advertise something?
            Butter and Sex Pistols albums
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Late Bolton comic Bob Williamson had a brush with Lydon and the Pistols.......

"His most bizarre brush with fame came when he appeared on a radio show with The Sex Pistols.

When their booking at Manchester’s Midland Hotel was cancelled, Bob invited the punks back to his Bolton home. He woke the next morning with a hangover expecting to find his living room trashed. Instead he found the musicians busily washing dishes, hoovering and tidying up. They event left a box of chocolates as an apology for disturbing his wife."

Hope that was true!

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                Late Bolton comic Bob Williamson had a brush with Lydon and the Pistols.......

"His most bizarre brush with fame came when he appeared on a radio show with The Sex Pistols.

When their booking at Manchester’s Midland Hotel was cancelled, Bob invited the punks back to his Bolton home. He woke the next morning with a hangover expecting to find his living room trashed. Instead he found the musicians busily washing dishes, hoovering and tidying up. They event left a box of chocolates as an apology for disturbing his wife."

Hope that was true!
                Quality euphemism
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                  I hear the opposite actually from the music industry, but I suppose that doesn't mean much.

I remember spotting Peter Hook at various gigs in Manchester in the early eighties, too scared to approach him because of his reputation for twatting people, I loved Joy Division and he'd bonked a few punters on the head with his bass several times when things kicked off....

When I finally did speak to him at a gig mid 90's I think he was the nicest bloke ever! And everything I've read about him since kinda confirms that.

See, in those days you couldn't Google 'Is Peter Hook hard in real life?' so you'd no idea, only heresay...
                  I heard it from one of he members of the sex pistols .. so there . sid vicious was the nice guy
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

I heard it from one of he members of the sex pistols .. so there . sid vicious was the nice guy
                    Sid told you then.

Comment

Working...
                    X